Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2021, 09:04 AM   #1

Dash light

I have a 2017 allegro red 37pa (just acquired) there’s a red light light/lens on the dash, just right of center, that’s bright as a Christmas bulb in daylight or surrounding interior lights. Engine/key on or off. But take away surrounding light (like at night) engine/key on or off. Red disappears. Obviously it’s reflecting surrounding light. But does anyone know it’s purpose, because it’s red it’s unnerving. I have a pic but don’t know how to attach.
hygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2021, 09:16 AM   #2

Any chance you coach has a solar panel , and the light is an indicator that it's charging your batteries ?

Posting pictures took me three weeks to figure out , from my laptop. Important to re-size as the forums have a posting limit. ( 640 pixels works for me )

Info on posting photos at this link .

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html
Old 06-13-2021, 10:02 AM   #3

here is a picture of the dash
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2021, 10:05 AM   #4

Thank you for the link for the pics. It would have taken me far longer than 3 weeks. No on the solar panels. The MH is wired for them and they are on my list. But at present I do not have them. But as you can see from my picture, that red reflection/light is bright.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Possibly a warning light that your hydraulic jacks are down?
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #6

Wild guess.

Could that be a previous owner installed light to indicate a toad brake system is activated?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:37 AM   #7

Ok , thanks for the photo .

Freightliner chassis and gauge package , but no indication if the light is part of the Freightliner system ; added by Tiffin for one of their systems , or added by a previous owner .

2007 was a change over year for Freightliner gauge / warning systems , from MMDC ( Multi Module Data Center ) to LBCU ( Light Bar Control Unit ).
Do you have any chassis manuals that indicate which of the two you have ?

Might have to pull the instrument cluster out to look at the wiring .
I'll go through the manuals I have for both systems looking for mention of a stand alone light .

EDIT: Back from a quick read of the pdfs I have , from the diagrams you have the LBCU system , and the light isn't a Freightliner item , so down to Tiffin or PO .
I think pulling the cluster is required .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LBCU info and diagnostics.pdf (220.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-13-2021, 10:43 AM   #8

All jacks are up and stored.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:45 AM   #9

This is a possibility. He did have a brake system, an add on, for a toad that he had. He took the brake module with him when he sold it too me.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:49 AM   #10

But the conundrum in all this is this is not electric. There is no light showing without surrounding light. Doesn't matter if engine is running or if the key is in on position. With engine running and/or key is in on position in the dark there is no red light/reflection. This is sounding like an owner add on for what ever reason. Need to get a hold of him.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:03 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
It is just a jacks down warning light and sounds like it's just picking up light from surroundings making it look like it's on. It could be picking up light from behind the dash through a panel or around the the windshield area.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hygear View Post
But the conundrum in all this is this is not electric. There is no light showing without surrounding light. Doesn't matter if engine is running or if the key is in on position. With engine running and/or key is in on position in the dark there is no red light/reflection. This is sounding like an owner add on for what ever reason. Need to get a hold of him.
Or pull the instrument cluster, to see if there is a bulb in the back of the lens , if no bulb then remove the lens or seal it off from outside light .
Old 06-13-2021, 01:34 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
It looks like the jacks down warning light that was on my 2013 Phaeton. The little round black dome that is nearby is the buzzer for the jacks. If you don't have a buzzer that sounds when your jacks are down and the key is on, someone may have disconnected it. It only takes about 1/4" drop in a jack to set off the light and alarm.
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:14 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
To me it looks almost exactly like the Invisibrake monitor light I installed on my dash. I installed it in an existing hole that was a little too big for it which is why it's centered within a silver washer. If the light never goes on with jacks down and ignition on then it's either not a warning light for the jacks or it's not functioning. If it is a toad brake monitor light then it makes sense that it's never lit up (if you don't have a toad with a brake system hooked up with the proper connection).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Invisibrake light 1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	332016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Invisibrake light 2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	332017  

Tags
dash, light