Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2021, 09:21 PM   #1

De-winteration Issue

Ok a couple of things on our new to us Tiffin Phaeton 2014 QBH, we put water in the tank, 1/2 a tank. I open the faucets and attempted to get the air out. All the faucets worked except the kitchen, the kitchen sink sprayer works but not the main faucet, am I missing something?

Also the rear toilet is different, it has a different way to flush i am confused on how to flush it. There is a control on the wall, it doesn't appear to work and then all of the sudden it's like it flushes on its own.......maybe 30 seconds later... I am confused.

Any help will be appreciated ...
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2021, 09:05 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The rear toilet is electric and there will be a pause. Best to read the instructions in the big blue bag.
If your kitchen faucet has a separate sprayer, chances are the aerator in the faucet is plugged.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #3

Unfortunately I never got any "Big Blue Bag" , we did get booklets, I will search through them.

Where is the faucet plug up at?
The aerator?
Old 03-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #4

If you don’t have owners manual on the toilet, look for brand and model number, then go to o internet to search for online manual.

Take the aerator off the end of faucet and see if the water flows. If it does, take the aerator to big box store and get a new one with same thread configuration. You might be able to clean the old one, but a new one will save you some future grief.
If that doesn’t work, then the valve inside the faucet that switches between the faucet and sprayer is stuck.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:03 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This might be the manual for your rear toilet..
https://www.dometic.com/assets/27/62...nual_62762.pdf
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:16 PM   #6

OK, thanks for information on faucet it was clogged up, fixed it.

The Toilet was winterized , I read the manual that was sent me and the winterization steps saids it has a seacock cutoff's to the toilet where are they located? The problem is the toilet is not getting any water to it. I followed the operation instructions and the bowl is suppose to fill up , but no water is coming into it. And yes i have the water pump on on.
Thanks
Old 03-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
There may be a cutoff valve behind the toilet. If yours has the shallow cabinet with a counter top on it behind the toilet, take the top off by pulling up. It is just fastened on with velcro. There may be a manifold in there with shutoff valves like the below photo from ours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plumbing-RearBath.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	320331  
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:54 PM   #8

Can't find the seacocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
There may be a cutoff valve behind the toilet. If yours has the shallow cabinet with a counter top on it behind the toilet, take the top off by pulling up. It is just fastened on with velcro. There may be a manifold in there with shutoff valves like the below photo from ours.

There is no room for me to get my hand behind the toilet and I checked everywhere I can think of inside and outside.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	320357  
Old 03-08-2021, 04:36 PM   #9

rear Tiolet issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
There is no room for me to get my hand behind the toilet and I checked everywhere I can think of inside and outside.
I talked to a Tiffin Service center and nobody can tell me if that is a cut-off for the toilet... I guess my next call is RED BAY.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:41 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I can tell you are a mariner referencing seacocks. The toilet manual may reference a seacock, but I do not think there is one specifically for the rear toilet. On my 2018 QBH, I have two manifolds that Lt. Dan references under each sink. They allow you to turn off different sections of the coach, for example, one seacock would turn off a sink, ice maker and toilet. Since you are not having other water issues, I'd guess your concern is located at the toilet itself. I have a Tecma made by Thetford. My file for the unit's manual is too large to attach here. Its on the web or feel free to PM me. Getting the right manual is imperative plus there are quite a few video's for troubleshooting on the internet. You should be able to pull the toilet away from the hole in the floor enough to confirm you have 12VDC going to the fresh water solenoid. The butt splices you will see are infamous for being the culprit. The book gives great wiring diagrams. Good Luck......
Old 03-25-2021, 07:40 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
RE: "The Toilet was winterized , I read the manual that was sent me and the winterization steps saids it has a seacock cutoff's to the toilet where are they located? The problem is the toilet is not getting any water to it. I followed the operation instructions and the bowl is suppose to fill up , but no water is coming into it. And yes i have the water pump on on."

I have the same coach only a year plus before yours was built. I and am the original owner and sympathize with what you are going through. Please verify yours is a "Dometic" brand with two push buttons, (one fill and the other flush) Thankfully I have not had your problem. I'm not aware of a shutoff valve for the rear toilet. I can touch the fill line behind ours but cannot feel any shutoff valve and can't imagine anyone turning it off if in fact there is one there.

Please check that there is not a red light by the flush button. If there is you have a problem with the black tank sensor which on my unit comes on before I get a master red light for the black tank. I know if the toilet does not have adequate water it will not flush so first try manually filling it and flushing it 5 times to insure that part of it's electronic magic is working. I'm guessing that the sensor that shuts off water to the toilet when it is full needs some exercise. If that works you have verified a water pressure source problem. If that is verified try calling the factory to see if they know where a shut-off valve may be located. Hope you get it fixed. My better half loves her own seat in the house.

The flush cycle should go something like this:
Hit the button and release - after a momentary pause-
The toilet adds a tad of water then flushes
After the flush is complete and another short pause it refills
You can hold the left button in to add more water but only a prescribed amount.
I believe there is a setting for different fill levels but don't have may manual handy.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:54 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
TOM222-Please verify your control panel looks like this photo. If not I may have led you astray however your picture looks exactly like our configuration back there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dometic Cont.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	322648  

Tags
winter