RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Decided in Favor of Tiffin

I previously posted a question about the reasons I should buy a Tiffin Allegro rather than a Winnebago Adventurer and got lots of good feedback. We recently visited our local dealer and spoke with the regional Tiffin rep. We have been Tiffinized and are going to order a 2016 36 LA. We went back to the dealer to purchase the 2015 they had two weeks ago only to find it was sold and already delivered. In fact they had sold all the 2015 Allegros they had (6 coaches).
Fortunately the dealer gave us the same discounts they were giving during their special sale and we are IMHO getting a good deal -- same price as other online dealers gave me for a 2015.

So i expect I'll be tapping into all your knowledge on here once we get our coach.
Any advice you want to pass our way now would be great.

We are thinking about going down to Red Bay to see it being built -- apparently we can ride back in it even though Tiffin won't let us drive it back ourselves - supposedly driving it back is part of their final check out. We are also thinking about buying it at Lazy days (assuming we can talk them down to the same price) . They will fly us down and we drive the MH back. Issue with that is we like the dealer here and figure we will get better service if we buy it from them. Also we can store the coach there for $75 a month (cheap compared to other prices) if we buy it from them - they do not store for non customers. But if we buy it from Lazy days we can't pick what we want but would be able to get it about a month sooner (June vs July).
Got to make these decisions ASAP.

mrmrsbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats! I hope that you love your Tiffin as much as we love ours. Use it well and use it often!

Old 05-10-2015, 11:02 PM   #3

If the price is the same at your local dealer and you would get the extras like service and storage I would buy local. I would only buy from a dealer far away if the purchase price was much less.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:28 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
If the price is the same at your local dealer and you would get the extras like service and storage I would buy local. I would only buy from a dealer far away if the purchase price was much less.

Agree
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:39 AM   #5

I'll 3rd that about buying from a local dealer. The storage plus possible good will, will pay off in the long run. If my wife hadn't found the used 32CA we got, I probably would of liked the 36LA a little better. We have put 7,000 miles on our used one and haven't had any real problems. Most of the time I'm the problem in not understanding something. You might try to get the dealer to get the Sumo springs installed by Tiffin. If that doesn't happen look at Rally's "R" Us, I had them install their suspension package and it really helped. Last thing I'll suggest is to join the Allegro Club and go to a Tiffin rally. Got a lot of good food and info at the rally in Orlando in March. Dave
allegro1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:49 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thought I heard the new suspension was better. Thanks for confirming. I should buy from the local dealer.
mrmrsbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmrsbb View Post
...... We recently visited our local dealer and spoke with the regional Tiffin rep. We have been Tiffinized and are going to order a 2016 36 LA........

We are thinking about going down to Red Bay to see it being built -- apparently we can ride back in it even though Tiffin won't let us drive it back ourselves - supposedly driving it back is part of their final check out. We are also thinking about buying it at Lazy days (assuming we can talk them down to the same price) . They will fly us down and we drive the MH back. Issue with that is we like the dealer here and figure we will get better service if we buy it from them. Also we can store the coach there for $75 a month (cheap compared to other prices) if we buy it from them - they do not store for non customers. But if we buy it from Lazy days we can't pick what we want but would be able to get it about a month sooner (June vs July).
Got to make these decisions ASAP.
I would not even consider giving up all those "local" benefits just to take delivery a month sooner.
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Order from "your local dealer"... You'll get what you want and have access to service....I'm not sure you would want to ride back to your dealer in your MH...some of those drivers drive like they stole it.. They make really good time
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #9

Please do your research and go with the one you are most comfortable. Both brands are very good. I think you can get the heavier chassis on the Tiffin, which would be what I'd go for.

As other's said, it's hard to beat going with your local dealer. You could possibly work a deal on free storage if you get the prices close. I can't say that I recommend Lazy Days. I've bought from them in the past - they have good prices because they are a huge dealer, but you are not important to them being an out-of-towner who most likely will not be back. My last PDI was conducted by an ex-Marine guy who proceeded to shout at me for about an hour and a half. Couldn't wait to get out of there! Oh yeah, I ended up breaking down on the highway in my brand new RV on the way home. Guess who had to repair it?
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #10

I bought from Lazydays and had an overall good experience. However, they are pretty much my local dealer. They are in Tampa and I am in Miami. I would definitely go with the local guy. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten the heavier chassis and the Sumu shocks option. We did add the Sumus after purchase.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Congrats, how cool to have a 2016! We bought new off the lot in early 2015. Very pleased, and love traveling in a luxury vehicle. Ours is the 33aa, the smallest of them all. The floor plans are so nice, it seems very large to us. The king bed is awesome. Love the lighting (although I wish we had a few dimmers). We added solar and dry camp on occasion. Really a great set up. Smooth ride, the engine brake is fabulous, overall floor plan we get positive comments all the time. Fireplace is used often, and now we are glad it was included.

Looking forward to your photos!
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations on your decision to buy Tiffin. We are currently in the build process and plan take delivery of our new 2015 36LA in June which will be our second Tiffin. We were very pleased with our first which was a 2008 32LA. I have been reading the irv2 forums for information for years but just now decided to join...looking forward to sharing stories.

Raidernut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin