Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2019, 05:56 AM   #1

Dish Satellite Issues

Have Dish network. We have not used it since November. We can’t receive any channels now. We have a traveler dish and it shows receiving all three satellites. We have had trouble with the splitters before but they seam to be okay. The top one as two green lights on , one power light and one cable in light on. The bottom splitter only has the green power light on. Is this normal. I have called Dishnetwork and they were no help. Does anyone else know what I could try
Srcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 08:15 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You need to have Dish send a reset signal to your receiver. You can do this yourself if you have the MyDish app on your smartphone.

While you are waiting for the reset signal to take effect (leave your receiver on), check your cabling (antenna and HDMI connections) to make sure they are tight and plugged in.

BTW, please create a signature line to your profile so that your coach information appears. Make, model, and year would be helpful.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srcorn View Post
Have Dish network. We have not used it since November. We can’t receive any channels now. We have a traveler dish and it shows receiving all three satellites. We have had trouble with the splitters before but they seam to be okay. The top one as two green lights on , one power light and one cable in light on. The bottom splitter only has the green power light on. Is this normal. I have called Dishnetwork and they were no help. Does anyone else know what I could try
Do you have a signal from the receiver to the TVs? In other words are you seeing the receiver logo on the TV? If you see the logos, then it's not a HDMI distribution problem. Do you have an A/B switch that is changed to the exterior tripod? As suggested, specify your model and year as there have been changes in the AV systems.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #4

It is a 2016 Allegro Red. I have already talked fish and got a reset but did not work I also went on My Dish and reset again. I get the dish blue screen. We have unplugged our receiver and plugged it back in several times
Srcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srcorn View Post
It is a 2016 Allegro Red. I have already talked fish and got a reset but did not work I also went on My Dish and reset again. I get the dish blue screen. We have unplugged our receiver and plugged it back in several times
One of two things then. Either your receiver is out or it's not getting a proper signal signal from the Trav'ler. The no signal can be a faulty coax or a bad LNB. I found with our Trav'ler I have to occasionally loosen the coax connections and pull them in and out a couple of times to remove any corrosion then tighten them back down. Ours will start losing signal for no reason even though the controller shows it locked onto all three satellites.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:35 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
What receiver do you have? I have had our Wally go out several times. On our third. I paid for the extended warranty on this one, so it won’t go out!
Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #7
BEC

Purchased my RV used. Seller advised calling dish to update card and new owner. I ordered basic RV go package and spent a lot of trouble shooting until some tech asked for the card number again. Turned out need a new card. Worth trying as no cost
BEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:46 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
What is displayed on the TV?
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #9

When I first started full-timing I left a Dish receiver at home and unplugged for some number of months, I don't recall how many now. When I tried to use it again I had to spend about an hour on the phone with the Dish tech getting all the updates installed that I had missed. That fixed it.
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:00 PM   #10

If you have a HDMI splitter or matrix which distributes the output from your Dish receiver to multiple TVs, it may be not HDCP (hi Def copy protect) compliant in which case Dish disables the output signal.
This happened to me when Dish pushed an update to the receiver and it suddenly stopped working on our next trip.
To check for this issue, just power everything off, connect your receiver directly to a TV and reboot.
If that fixed it, you'll need to ensure everything you connect to your Dish receiver is HDCP rated (or there are devices you can purchase and put in between, which trick the receiver to thinking it's HDCP compliant)
HaRVey 74.5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, satellite