Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2022, 03:08 PM   #1

Door locks

Key fob quit working on the coach door change batteries what else can I check
tomkatprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatprop View Post
Key fob quit working on the coach door change batteries what else can I check
Make and model of lock? Batteries in lock and key fob both changed?

Just guessing, but If it is like some auto key fob lock systems you may need to go through a "pairing" procedure to program the lock to recognize that key fob after battery change.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:39 PM   #3

Door locks is there a battery in the door and where at
tomkatprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:24 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Clean door contacts

You might need to clean the two copper spring loaded door contacts on the hinge side of your entrance door. Does not take but a small amount of oxidation on contacts to prevent open and lock signal to get to door lock. In a pinch, you can use a pencil eraser to clean stationary and spring-loaded contacts. We like to apply a small coating of electrical paste to each contact to inhibit oxidation. This might get the door lock work assuming that the key fob is still good. Stay safe.
Old 10-02-2022, 05:38 PM   #5

In my Allegro Red the receiver for the fob is located in the forward basement midships. There is a procedure to re-program the fob although I don’t know if that is necessary for a battery change. The correct procedure was written on a tag attached to the receiver. I found the manual by Googling “TriMark e-fob” manual.
TiffinUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 06:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneville1 View Post
You might need to clean the two copper spring loaded door contacts on the hinge side of your entrance door. Does not take but a small amount of oxidation on contacts to prevent open and lock signal to get to door lock. In a pinch, you can use a pencil eraser to clean stationary and spring-loaded contacts. We like to apply a small coating of electrical paste to each contact to inhibit oxidation. This might get the door lock work assuming that the key fob is still good. Stay safe.

I agree, start here. Also, if the door is open it won’t work either.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:09 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I think you just need to reprogram it to the key fob.
Attachment 377814
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TriMark_e-FOB Syncing Instruction (1).pdf (1.14 MB, 24 views)
Old 10-03-2022, 05:22 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have remote mechanism with the 2 brass release button contacts on the jamb side (ie. it's not problem with batteries or remote itself) ... then unscrew the 2 brass button housing on the jamb side. Be careful not to allow any loose wires to fall into jamb. You should be able to pull out housing with wiring, it should have a little slack. There are 2 contact wires attached, secured on screw pins with small locking screws, which can be adjusted to make brass buttons project out from jamb a little more (they are retained by small springs). During travel the screws may have come loose, & springs may have allowed the buttons to recede a little into jamb, then losing proper contact with door side for FOB to work. When you take the housing out of jamb the wires are usually still attached & you just have to make the buttons project out a little a little.

Be careful removing the housing & attached wires, use proper size (manual not power) screwdriver to remove the jamb housing, secure the small locknuts (with proper size small wrench) to increase the button projection out of jamb.

It will be obvious what you need to do when you carefully remove the button assembly housing on the jamb side. See photo attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brass button assembly housing.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	377816  
PI EMS HW50C, Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
bneumann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:45 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
+1 on what bneumann said.
My remote would connect with the coach, the headlights would blink, and the door would not unlock. This means the remote works, but the signal is not getting to the lock.
One of the 2 contacts on the door contact had loosened inside the jamb. Very easy fix.
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:56 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had the same problem and it turned out to be the contacts on the door jamb. Clean the contacts and in my case one of them the contact was recessed back into the door frame if you take those contacts assembly out of the door frame with two screws you could adjust how far those contacts are contacting the contacts on the door
JAMESJDUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 04:23 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check Contact alignment

I had the same problem. The cause was the contacts were not aligned properly. Maybe the door shifted. But I had to move the contact on the door frame 1/4" to realign.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:33 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneville1 View Post
This is the fix. Clean contacts. Put on a little dielectric grease. Should not have to re-pair keyfob.
Fathermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:58 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We had the same problem on a new coach (21) -- issue is with Spyder control pad at passenger's seat. It alone interfaces with fobs. Ours had some other minor issues -- didn't operate lights that would work from main panel, etc.
CBRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:00 PM   #14

Pair FOB

I just had to pair my new FOB and there is an excellent video on YouTube that shows you how to pair - step by step. MUCH easier to do than I thought it would be.
Wufpaq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door