Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2021, 07:21 AM   #1

Down sizing

We are thinking of down sizing after many years in 45' MH's. Now having a 2018 Tiffin Bus 45 OPP. Looking at the Tiffin 2022 Breeze with lots of options. It is on dealer lot and we will get money back in the deal. Does anyone have a newer Breeze and should I be seeing something I'm not?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2021, 02:32 PM   #2

Given the absence of feedback I’ll give it a shot. Only you folks know your rv habits, travels, and requirements. While I don’t have a Breeze, what I would offer is going from something you have now with all the bells , whistles, and space to something considerably smaller might be quite an rv shock. While I don’t know your requirements or reasoning, if it makes you folks happy and still able to enjoy the rv life, I wish you the best. My personal experience was we started at a 33’ Rv and now after two larger ones now at a 44’. Will never go backwards in size again. Just give up too many options and space. Best to whatever you decide upon.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:23 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I do not have a Breeze, but, I do have a 34QS Berkshire with 4 slides. The largest one we owned was a 38ft. We love our current MH. It has a lot of the bells and whistles we like and is powered by a 360Hp cummins. Good luck in your decision.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:17 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Not knowing all your decisions, if just going smaller, but not giving up luxury is your goal, have you looked at the Newmar New Aire ?

Yes it a few feet longer at 35 feet, but it also comes with a 450 Hp engine and other features which make it worth a look IMHO.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:31 PM   #5

I don't know anything about the Breeze, but you probably should look at the specs on it and compare to what you are accustomed to in larger rigs. I believe that the Breeze is considered an entry level MH in the diesel pusher category. It may even be narrower than the larger motorhomes (seems like I have heard that). Also, you may want to check into the ride and handling to see if it is what you expect. Check the towing and carrying capacity. It just seems like I have seen some negative comments on the Breeze, but you will get those on every motorhome.
Hopefully some Breeze owners or someone who knows about them will provide some advice.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Not knowing all your decisions, if just going smaller, but not giving up luxury is your goal, have you looked at the Newmar New Aire ?

Yes it a few feet longer at 35 feet, but it also comes with a 450 Hp engine and other features which make it worth a look IMHO.

I would consider this option strongly.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:59 PM   #7
PKI

Breeze - have a 2020 33BR

The new 33BR has added the washer dryer and bumped out the back to accommodate that capability. Make sure there is enough closet for you.

The width is 8ft. That narrows the coach a bit. Drawers are not very deep in bedroom area.

If you are a table person, that opens up the living area, but eliminates front facing passenger seating. Also the living area has no separate lounge chair, so plan on turning the Driver's and passenger's seating around to use. We are dinette people and like that configuration. Takes care to get through with the slides in.

We dropped the front TV as not needed and a head knocker. We dropped the fireplace, but storage is minimal and not accessible with slides in. The microwave/convection oven is small. The bed is usable with the slide in, but you have to climb over as there is no aisle.

The new model has the new slide cover configuration, which should be great. The Magic Eye is integrated, which is an improvement over the add-on option that we have.

The ISB 340 with the 2XXX Alison is enough, but torque limited. We can climb 6-7% with ease. On 10-12% grades, third gear is required. You might look at the 360 Red if you want more power. In the new Breeze, you get an ISB with a more compact abatement package. Have not heard that it offers any performance improvement.

We do find driveway transitions need to be taken with care. We travel in the high position to give the suspension more travel. We have not found the Breeze to be unstable in windy conditions. You will move around a bit in windy conditions when crossing bridges.

We recently drove CA1/PCH from Fort Bragg to Bodega Bay. We were not sure we could do this trip, but with care, it went well. That is a 30ft king pin length road and is not part of the CA 45ft Bus/RV approved roadway route map.

The no jack air leveling is convenient, but does move a bit.

We like the IFS, but chuck holes still hammer the rig. Smooth road surface, missing holes, and traveling at slower speed improves the ride. Running light and lowering tire pressure is a huge improvement.

If we were to do the deal again, it would be the Breeze. What we would change if we could - install an Allison 3XXX transmission - redesign the grey and black tanks so they would completely drain - install a slightly bigger MW/C oven.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Breeze - have a 2020 33BR

The new 33BR has added the washer dryer and bumped out the back to accommodate that capability. Make sure there is enough closet for you.

The width is 8ft. That narrows the coach a bit. Drawers are not very deep in bedroom area.

If you are a table person, that opens up the living area, but eliminates front facing passenger seating. Also the living area has no separate lounge chair, so plan on turning the Driver's and passenger's seating around to use. We are dinette people and like that configuration. Takes care to get through with the slides in.

We dropped the front TV as not needed and a head knocker. We dropped the fireplace, but storage is minimal and not accessible with slides in. The microwave/convection oven is small. The bed is usable with the slide in, but you have to climb over as there is no aisle.

The new model has the new slide cover configuration, which should be great. The Magic Eye is integrated, which is an improvement over the add-on option that we have.

The ISB 340 with the 2XXX Alison is enough, but torque limited. We can climb 6-7% with ease. On 10-12% grades, third gear is required. You might look at the 360 Red if you want more power. In the new Breeze, you get an ISB with a more compact abatement package. Have not heard that it offers any performance improvement.

We do find driveway transitions need to be taken with care. We travel in the high position to give the suspension more travel. We have not found the Breeze to be unstable in windy conditions. You will move around a bit in windy conditions when crossing bridges.

We recently drove CA1/PCH from Fort Bragg to Bodega Bay. We were not sure we could do this trip, but with care, it went well. That is a 30ft king pin length road and is not part of the CA 45ft Bus/RV approved roadway route map.

The no jack air leveling is convenient, but does move a bit.

We like the IFS, but chuck holes still hammer the rig. Smooth road surface, missing holes, and traveling at slower speed improves the ride. Running light and lowering tire pressure is a huge improvement.

If we were to do the deal again, it would be the Breeze. What we would change if we could - install an Allison 3XXX transmission - redesign the grey and black tanks so they would completely drain - install a slightly bigger MW/C oven.

Can you tell me what your tow vehicle is? We now have a Jeep Grand C. May need to down size there to as GVW is 6800lbs. does you exhaust brake work well? I'm use to the engine brake and worried about the exhaust one. We will test drive this Monday before buying. Thank you Again!!
Old 12-02-2021, 04:30 PM   #9
PKI

Steve - The Breeze has a tow weight of 5000lbs. We have not purchased a toad yet as we purchased the Breeze with the intent to see if we need one. We are currently looking at the Jeep Cherokee.

The exhaust brake works well on 6-7% grades. On a 10-12% grade, I use the service brake to drop engine rpm down to a more conservative level.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #10

Have you considered the Tiffin RED? I think there is a 35 foot model with a tow capacity of 10,000 lbs. It just seems more like what you are accustomed to using, but is smaller.
Thanks,
Old 12-02-2021, 10:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSteve View Post
Can you tell me what your tow vehicle is? We now have a Jeep Grand C. May need to down size there to as GVW is 6800lbs. does you exhaust brake work well? I'm use to the engine brake and worried about the exhaust one. We will test drive this Monday before buying. Thank you Again!!

The heaviest curb weight I could find quick for the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a 2018 with all the options at 5363lbs the Lightest was 2017 at 3665 for apparently the base model. Depending on yr/model and stuff stuffed in the Jeep you could easily exceed the 5000 lb tow rating.
RealNiceTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:14 AM   #12

If price is not an issue I would suggest that you look at an Allegro Bus 35CP. We have one and we love it. We considered the New Aire but I didn't like that it only has a 100 gallon fuel tank.
bsedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedor View Post
If price is not an issue I would suggest that you look at an Allegro Bus 35CP. We have one and we love it. We considered the New Aire but I didn't like that it only has a 100 gallon fuel tank.
We have been at this since 1976 with a mini-wini and moved up over the years to tags in 2007 ending now with a 605 hp Bus. I am starting to make mistakes - nothing serious but it is time to down size and not a few feet. no one has really bad mouthed the Breeze and we now love Tiffins after all the other rigs over the years. Test drive is Monday before the trade. Did I mention we will get a far amount of cash back. Our 2018 is worth near new price. Thank goodness.
Keep you posted!
SR&Kate - spanky too.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:10 PM   #14

Hope you decide on a good rig that works just right for you.
Good travels to you,