Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2021, 08:29 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Drawings-manual for Cummins DEF System

Friends, I have a 2012 Tiffin phaeton 40 QBHwith the Cummings 8.3L ISC engine.
It now appears that Cummings manufactured or had parts manufactured to equip my motor home with this system. They shipped the DEF items to Freightliner Custom Chassis in Gaffney, SC. where they build the Freightliner chassis. BUT CUMMINGS, not Freightliner created this system.

My reason for this message is, DOES ANYONE, who reads this message have a drawing or set of electrical control schematics that indicate the control and power wiring for the DEF system.

Same question as to the MODEL NUMBER, TYPE, and or and operational or service manual or documentation that explains the operation and service or repair procedures.

As time goes on, expertise and documentation, spare parts will get less and less available. This is time to get the information all of you will one day need, assist me me and hundreds of others if you can.

Thank you
Jerryd13
jerryd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2021, 08:56 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I believe if you go here it will help as my 2818 bus just spent 4 weeks chasing the 5v supply problem. Fault code Tiffin 3513/ Cummins Fault code 1696

tinyurl.com/44sczv5r
OhioWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:27 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Go Where? Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:13 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorn View Post
Go Where? Jeff
He provided the link (tinyurl.com/44sczv5r), just not in "clickable" format...here it is for you: tinyurl.com/44sczv5r
Old 07-24-2021, 03:15 PM   #5

You will find schematics and drawings for installation on the Freightliner DTNA website. I have been downloading schematics of the air system for the past week but there are other things of interest including the DEF system as well. The actual components are from Cummins, and you can get parts diagrams off of Cummins QuickServ for the actual components.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:55 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Schematics, drawings on Chassis Air Line and Air Brake system

Vettenuts,

Can you be more specific. I have e mailed and called Freight Liner, Damler North America, ect. for drawings that clearly show the pnuematic pipiing and devices from the engine Air Compressor out to all devices. I HAVE RECEIVED ZERO. Now, I have found various BENDIX AIR BRAKING SYSTEM videos, and airline flow diagrams, ect. but this is not specific to any specific mfg,. model of motor home.

Would you be willing to send a copy of what you were able to obtain, here or via e mail to me, Jerry at proudfox13@gmail.com along with the specific
contact info. so I may attempt to obtain such.

This issue is also true as to electrical control wiring schematics and parts, operating and service manuals for the Cummins Designed After Treatment Device " DEF" on my 2012 Tiffin Phaeton. Cummins Quick Serve has provided next to zip, so far, and this is material that can assist all motor home owners when a problem crops up as it can help technicians communicate with Cummns or Tiffin or Freight liner from the field. Without this, your repairs will be slow and lots of Expensive Parts Replacement troubleshooting, replacing items that are not the problem. I look forward to your assistance. Thank you
jerryd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryd13 View Post
Vettenuts,

Can you be more specific. I have e mailed and called Freight Liner, Damler North America, ect. for drawings that clearly show the pnuematic pipiing and devices from the engine Air Compressor out to all devices. I HAVE RECEIVED ZERO. Now, I have found various BENDIX AIR BRAKING SYSTEM videos, and airline flow diagrams, ect. but this is not specific to any specific mfg,. model of motor home.

Would you be willing to send a copy of what you were able to obtain, here or via e mail to me, Jerry at proudfox13@gmail.com along with the specific
contact info. so I may attempt to obtain such.

This issue is also true as to electrical control wiring schematics and parts, operating and service manuals for the Cummins Designed After Treatment Device " DEF" on my 2012 Tiffin Phaeton. Cummins Quick Serve has provided next to zip, so far, and this is material that can assist all motor home owners when a problem crops up as it can help technicians communicate with Cummns or Tiffin or Freight liner from the field. Without this, your repairs will be slow and lots of Expensive Parts Replacement troubleshooting, replacing items that are not the problem. I look forward to your assistance. Thank you

Here is the link to request a DTNA account from Freightliner. Once approved, you will have access to schematics, parts diagrams, owners and service manuals. It takes several days to receive the account once you apply.

Navigation of the site takes a bit of getting used to but the information is there.

Also shot you an email with a bunch of pdf files.

https://dtnacontent-dtna.prd.freight...t-NewUser.html
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual