Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2022, 05:21 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Driver seat height adjustment 2015 Allegro RED

Hi folks! I am new here and on the verge of purchasing a 2015 RED 37PA from private owner. Took a test drive yesterday and noticed my right foot did not touch the deck when operating the coach. Seller showed me seat adjustments on the right lower side of chair but nothing made the seat go lower. Front/back/recline worked. I have 30" inseam. My DW is only 5'2" and I am concerned she will not touch the pedals to drive and we definitely want 2 drivers! Any help on seat height adjustment would be appreciated. Can "short" people drive these coaches?

We meant to have her drive it but never got it done...

Thank you and I am loving all the info on this board!
SonoranDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2022, 06:36 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
First off, Welcome to IRV2!

I also have a 30" inseam and have no problem driving both our 2015 Allegro RED and now our Phaeton. The seat can be tilted down in front which lifts the back end of the seat a bit. Worst case scenario, there are lowered pedestals that you can get to lower the seat even more but that might restrict visibility.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:05 PM   #3

My seat will just about sit on the ground when I lower it fully, is it possible that you did not push the lever/button down? it is the same lever/button that moved the seat forward and aft. Maybe a wire is broken not letting the seat drop down? But yes to answer the question, the power seat does go up and down. Maybe contacting the seller to verify that the seat will go to the position you need, he should be able to tell you or show you again.
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:15 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Raise the foot deck

I HAD the same issue with my '16 RED..With the seat high enough to see the gauges my feet dangled above the deck. I built a deck around the fuel and brake with 6 inches in front of the peddles. Works great.
Several months ago I posted a photo of the completed project in a similar posting.
KD
Kendorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:21 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Raise the foot deck

Here are two pics of my solutionClick image for larger version

Name:	Riser.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	377441

Click image for larger version

Name:	riser 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	377442
Kendorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:09 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you for your reply! I might tackle that platform idea as it looks very doable. We went back to the coach last weekend and found that my wife can reach the pedals with seat at lowest setting, seat bottom tilted forward (down) and if she has a cushion behind her she can do it!

Next issue is the delaminated roof. Going to start a new thread for that.
SonoranDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, driver, seat