Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2021, 12:22 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Driver side HWH slides

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone knew how to readily identify the hwh model I have in my 2007 40QSH phaeton.
No placards on the pump reservoir.
Don’t here the pump running when either the aft or fwd slide buttons are pressed. Probably a relay but for now I just want to get the slides in.

Thank you,

Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 08:50 AM   #2

Contact AZPete here on the forum using a PM. He's works for HWH and helps us all with our HWH issues for free.

In my older HWH system, there was a large 40 amp automotive type in-line fuse that had corroded open that shut down everything. It powered the entire 4 jacks and 2 slide system. It was underneath the rig and exposed. Dunno if yours is similar but worth a look. I think your control box is on the forward facing exterior wall of the stairwell and the hydraulic manifold under the stairs? Pete would likely know for sure.

When I had your symptoms with just the HWH slides (jacks worked fine), it turned out to be corroded grounds but our systems are so dissimilar I wouldn't bank on that being the issue.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:29 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You may have a bad solenoid. Test the voltage going into and out of the solenoids. If the voltage is lower coming out, then you need a new solenoid. To get you going, you could use a jumper wire to temporarily cross the terminals. (The prior owner of our MH stated that is what Tiffin told them to do.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH-Hydraulics.pdf (465.1 KB, 45 views)
Old 11-28-2021, 11:37 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As previously mentioned, grounds are a Frequent problem. Tiffin usually grounds the pump using a bolt through the mounting frame. I have found ours loose on our Phaeton.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 02:04 PM   #5

You reference the "driver side" in your title. On my old 36QSH (similar floor plan) the DS slides were electric, not hydraulic. Only the PS were hydraulic.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:52 PM   #6

Here is a manual I found online. Chapter 8 tells how to mannually retract the slides. If you have the mannual for your coach, you may find the same or similar info there.

https://tiffinmotorhomes-rcgarkskyk9...anual-2007.pdf
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:08 PM   #7

I have a different Tiffin motorhome, but there is a placard for my hwh slide under the front bay, where the front "pistons" are that push the slide in and out, that has the info on the slide. (pistons is not the proper terminology).
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:51 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
You reference the "driver side" in your title. On my old 36QSH (similar floor plan) the DS slides were electric, not hydraulic. Only the PS were hydraulic.
Yes youre right, my mistake.
The DS are electric. I dont have a schematic of the electric wiring but I am now thoroughly familiar with the hyd side (PS).

I'll probably have to manually trace the wiring like I did when I installed the inverter system.

Its pretty pathetic Tiffin doesnt keep this stuff for future reference.

Thank you all for your inputs. I saw in the owners mnl where it addresses the manual retract of the hydraulic side but didnt see it for the electrical side. I'll look again maybe I missed it.

Thank you,

Bill

Tags
driver, hwh, slide