Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
OP asked about the power window, not the a drivers door.
I humbly apologize for making such a grevious error. I erroneously assumed that the power window came only with the door. I will go away now and ponder my shortcommings. Hooah!
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2017, 08:06 PM   #16

I have the power drivers side window (and door). On my 32SA. Like it (and the door). Use it for backing and yelling at the kids to get off my lawn......
Dave-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
The power drivers side window was standard on my Newmar DS. What I like about is that I was always forgetting to lock my sliding window on the old coach. With the power window, if it’s closed, it’s locked.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:05 AM   #18

[QUOTE=Smbuddy46;3808485]ive seen on the 2017 tiffin open roads that an option was a driver power window, do any of you have this option and was it a good idea?[/QUOTE

I like ours especially at toll booths, contact stations, for an aid in backing and fresh air at slow speeds. Ours has worked fine for over 10 years and my only concern is that one day it might fail to come back up.
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #19

Took delivery on 2018 32SA with electric window option in Nov and have had the window worked on 3 different times by dealer. Finally had Tiffin ship me complete motor Assembly and Switch which the dealer installed. Got it home and now the window frame pulled away from the frame. IMHO the overall design leaves a lot to be desired. Will probably have to take it to Red Bay or consider seeking lemon law recourse.
Rusty Hinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Hinge View Post
Took delivery on 2018 32SA with electric window option in Nov and have had the window worked on 3 different times by dealer. Finally had Tiffin ship me complete motor Assembly and Switch which the dealer installed. Got it home and now the window frame pulled away from the frame. IMHO the overall design leaves a lot to be desired. Will probably have to take it to Red Bay or consider seeking lemon law recourse.
Rusty, are you having much more than an issue with the window? You sound like your saying your coach is a "lemon". We are looking to buy a 2018 36LA and I have been concerned that the overall quality for Tiffin has changed.
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:55 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaton View Post
The power drivers side window was standard on my Newmar DS. What I like about is that I was always forgetting to lock my sliding window on the old coach. With the power window, if it’s closed, it’s locked.
IMHO, this is the best part concerning the power window. Run a parallel set of switch wires to a hidden location in one of the bays, and either hide the secondary switch or leave the wires open so something metal would have to be used to jump the disguised contacts to open the window. This way, if you ever have the dreaded entry door lock failure, you have a very easy way of opening the driver's window for emergency entry.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
IMHO, this is the best part concerning the power window. Run a parallel set of switch wires to a hidden location in one of the bays, and either hide the secondary switch or leave the wires open so something metal would have to be used to jump the disguised contacts to open the window. This way, if you ever have the dreaded entry door lock failure, you have a very easy way of opening the driver's window for emergency entry.
Now THAT is a 1st class idea!!
Thanks, DeWat
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by whciv View Post
Rusty, are you having much more than an issue with the window? You sound like your saying your coach is a "lemon". We are looking to buy a 2018 36LA and I have been concerned that the overall quality for Tiffin has changed.
The dealer has just offered to make a 4th appointment to have another go at fixing the window! I contacted Tiffin and they said the problem as described is very unusual but they would address it if we bring it to Red Bay. We will do so after we accumulate some more miles (currently 2k) to add any further issues for the factory to address. As for overall quality, fit and finish, we really like this coach (our 2nd Tiffin) but would not order again with an electric drivers horizontal sliding window option. The vertical electric window in an optional drivers door is probably a proven design but I’m getting to old to get much use out of the door part.
Ole Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:51 PM   #24

We have the window and would not be without it. Great for tolls, when checking into some campgrounds without having to get out of coach, backing up, etc.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosado View Post
We have the window and would not be without it. Great for tolls, when checking into some campgrounds without having to get out of coach, backing up, etc.
If you didn't have a "power" window wouldn't you have a manual version? On the Allegro gas version is the windows horizontal or vertical? I've looked at a ton of units, but never studied the driver side window.
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:11 AM   #26

Tiffin gassers usually come standard with a manual window that slides open horizontally. Electric slide window operation is a $750 option. If coach has the drivers door option, then electric window in door operates vertically like a car.
Ole Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by whciv View Post
If you didn't have a "power" window wouldn't you have a manual version? On the Allegro gas version is the windows horizontal or vertical? I've looked at a ton of units, but never studied the driver side window.
I don't believe that a manual window was an option with the driver's door, which we wanted as another exit from the RV. The window is vertical (goes up and down). It is not slow or hard to open. The passenger window is manual and opens horizontal (side to side) and has a screen that also moves horizontal.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:10 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I'd never seen a power driver's window in a diesel pusher before. But I just bought a 16 Bus with one. It seems to work OK, and will be a good feature when paying tolls, etc. But there's no window screen. When I'm parked, I turn my seat around it it becomes my "office" and computer station. With no screen, I'm gonna miss that nice cross-breeze I had while sitting in in my office chair.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, driver, window