Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #1

Drivers side slide '10 Allegro Bus

2010 allegro bus drivers side slide needs adjusting once a year, before my manufactures warranty expired I had a few items I wanted taken care of, when it was in the shop the tech working on my unit said did you not realize that your slide isn't working properly and really I did not, he said he would look in to it further well he did and he found in his opinion they had put the wrong channel/ half pipe for the slide to ride in, lucky not sure if that being lucky there was a tiffin rep there. So they talk to him and he to the manufacture and came up with to apply some two part epoxy where the refrigerator rollers were to lift the area where they thought were to low cause of the wrong channel/half pipe installed but the tech really wanted to do the same to all rollers but could not get it approved. Well that work for 9 or so months and I notice what the tech had original show me was happening again so went back to same shop and luckily
the same tech was there and he remembered my issue and reminded me that he wanted to apply the epoxy to all rollers so that was finally done and again worked for nearly a year and guess what it happen again with to local mom and pop and had them work on it and the tech adjusted it and wow looks like we solved it, well just a few months later same issue and may be getting worst. Has anyone had this problem if so what was done to remedy it. We really love our Bus and travel long distance and am getting concerned that this could and will be a larger problem one day ...any help would be appreciated .
Jimi/Vickie
jimih011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #2

You need to take the coach to Red Bay and have the issue looked at. If in fact the incorrect tracks were installed and you have records noting this while it was still in warranty, it's not unheard of Tiffin doing the correct repair at little or no cost.
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
email Don Boyd - his email is don.boyd@tiffinmotorhomes.com . You have your service records showing the issue prior to expiration of the one year full warranty. Tiffin is well-known for taking care of their customers after the expiration of warranty. I bet if you take it to Red Bay, as IIIkrob said, your issue will be addressed and fixed properly most likely at no cost to you.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #4

Thanks, heading to Red Bay this week hopefully this will be taken care of, and yes I do have all my records of each time my slide was worked on.
jimih011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide