Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 05:08 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Electronics help if you don't mind

When we got our used coach the dvd player was out of the unit and upon inspection, the wires we a mess. The cooling fan had cut wires, not sure why, and I'm trying to understand what I'm looking at. The below picture is 6 plugs and the optical input. I'm going to assume that the 6 plugs are for the 6 speakers in the coach, please confirm. I also assume the white plugs must have fit the dvd/receiver that came with the coach.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5Csm20VyTFO+MmC6eS%M2A.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	228450
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
In this picture I'm not sure what these are for other than for sending sound via these cables to the coach speakers vs the optical cable?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fullsizeoutput_6e1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	254.7 KB
ID:	228452  
Old 12-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
And this picture I have no idea what this is for. The two miniature ear bud looking things attach to the row of leds which by the way, has a wire that seems to be cut dangling from the bottom. See next thread for what I believe is the cut wire.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fullsizeoutput_6e3.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	228453  
Old 12-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Cut wire
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fullsizeoutput_6e5.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	228454  
Old 12-08-2018, 05:20 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
And this is the last photo, as I mentioned the fan that was supposed to keep everything cool had it's wires cut. Can't seem to find where they attach and have no idea why someone would have cut them. Really appreciate any light that could be shed on my issues. Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Oq5NVPZ0QmKozgPhw7NuaA.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	228455  
Old 12-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #6

OK, We'll start at the 1st post. I don't have a clue. In my 2013 Bus there are no wires or plugs that look anything like these.
Second post. These wires and posts are for the sound and video that goes to your TV's If you look at the back of a Directv box (and I assume a Dish box) you'll see places where these plugs plug in. THey will have colors matching the colored bands on the plugs, three for video and 2 for sound
The next post is the terminal for the remote IR transmitter. The clear LED's on the black device are IR emitters and are what will flash when you use your remote for Directv and/or home theater. Since they emit IR, you cannot see a flash when they operate. If the Directv box is not oriented to face these emitters the two "ear buds" will also emit. One of these is placed over the IR receiver point on the Directv box and the second over that point on the home theater/radio/CD player. No clue on your cut wire or on the fan. Mine doesn't use a fan and it does NOT get hot enough to need one.

I'd suggest a trip to Red Bay if you want this system to operate as it was installed. It looks like the last owner had some really specialized equipment installed in place of the factory equipment. Only other options are to contact the previous owner or find a real good electronics wizzard.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #7
vwd

White wires with square ends plug into home entertainment system. On my 2006, the audio and video cables were used to send video to the TV and audio from the TV to the home theater system. The emitter system is wireless , so the wire may be an antenna. The fan wires should be connected to a switched 12 volt source using butt connectors. It may have pulled loose.
vwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
When we got our used coach the dvd player was out of the unit and upon inspection, the wires we a mess. The cooling fan had cut wires, not sure why, and I'm trying to understand what I'm looking at. The below picture is 6 plugs and the optical input. I'm going to assume that the 6 plugs are for the 6 speakers in the coach, please confirm. I also assume the white plugs must have fit the dvd/receiver that came with the coach.

Attachment 228450

Name:	IMG_4635.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	228461
RWDJR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #9

Quote:

Attachment 228450

Name:	IMG_4634.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	228462

That’s the back of the dvd. The coax with the label is the dinette tv. I guess you could hook up any tv that the coax is there.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:48 PM   #10

Electronics help if you don't mind

Quote:
And this is the last photo, as I mentioned the fan that was supposed to keep everything cool had it's wires cut. Can't seem to find where they attach and have no idea why someone would have cut them. Really appreciate any light that could be shed on my issues. Thanks in advance

Name:	IMG_4638.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	448.4 KB
ID:	228463

I have no idea where it plugs into.

All my coax is labeled This is on a 2016. They may have had a blue ray player in there.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDJR. View Post
Attachment 228463

I have no idea where it plugs into.

All my coax is labeled This is on a 2016. They may have had a blue ray player in there.
Even if you could find where it plugs in, it won't move any air, no cutout for the fan. I really wish you luck, looks like a tough one.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:35 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
( Earbud pic )Those attach to the remote eye onthe front your dvd/theater amp and a Dish or Direct Tv box. They are a repeater/ sensor system so when your in the front living room area of your coach you can point your remote toward the TV or at the forward sensor and be able to control channel / sound etc.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:25 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
First picture: Speaker connections and optic input from the TV to Panasonic Home Theater box which was standard in 2014.

Second Picture: In older units, these coax cable would have been used to send component HD TV to splitters. No really used starting in the 2014 model year.

Third and fourth pictures: Parts of the infrared remote control system to allow you to control equipment behind doors and cabinets.

Fifth picture: This is the cooling fan for the HDMI to CAT5 converter/splitters to provide TV to all locations. The converter/splitters have probably been removed as well. These fans were plugged into a small Molex plug carrying 12V power.

What to do next? Personally, I'd scap all of the previous connections and go with something a little bit easier to deal with. Wireless HDMI and soundbars instead of surround sound. You can either do it yourself or any competent sound shop could do it for you. You might be able to use the CAT5 system and centralize the components in the AV cabinet.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redapple View Post
Even if you could find where it plugs in, it won't move any air, no cutout for the fan. I really wish you luck, looks like a tough one.

Name:	IMG_4642.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	228481

Don’t understand why you would say that. There’s holes and lovers for the air to get through.