Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 07:03 AM   #1

End of model year pricing

does tiffin help dealers with cost at the end of the year.. ?

i'm pretty sure some other brands do so...
"thanks for your offer, we can't do that. but i've got a call in to our district rep for SOB, and i'll ask him if we can get some help on the model you are asking about." i've been told this sentence by SOB dealership before...

but, i've always heard that all tiffin's are paid for by the dealer at delivery...

so, what do you think? or better yet, what do you know?

it makes sense that the dealer would be motivated to move last year stock as the new year models are becoming available... so they might reduce their price to get the units off the lot and stop the financing costs that are piling up.
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 07:25 AM   #2

Just remember this, every rv deprecates 10% a year. As soon as the following model year comes out all last years models just lost that 10% value when you go to sell. Also most rv manufacturers mark up rvs along this line.

Cost to build $100k
Cost to dealer $200k
Msrp to public $300k

This is reason you can and should get around 30% off when buying current, last years, model year. Only you can decide what is a reasonable profit but at above example dealer makes 10k when you get 30% discount. My advise order new once new model year comes out. Dealers buy unit when delivered and you will never get the 10% extra off price on current inventory on lot. Good luck

Enjoy the journey
Old 06-25-2019, 07:28 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Tiffin requires that all coaches be paid for, in full, before they leave the factory. Most coaches built are already sold and are not for dealer stock. Any deal you make will be between you and the selling dealer with no year end incentives from Tiffin.

You should be looking for discounts from 25-30% regardless of the time of year.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Tiffin requires that all coaches be paid for, in full, before they leave the factory. Most coaches built are already sold and are not for dealer stock. Any deal you make will be between you and the selling dealer with no year end incentives from Tiffin.

You should be looking for discounts from 25-30% regardless of the time of year.
Exactly right as far as paid for totally by the dealer before the unit leaves the factory. We spent a few weeks at the factory watching the 2013 Bus being built and I got those words directly from Bob Tiffin. I know nothing about year end rebates from the factory to the dealer, but if the dealer already paid for the unit in full, he's still paying interest and carrying charges to his bank (financing agency) so his costs continue as long as that unit is on his lot. The newer model year units make last year's models harder to move so he does have an incentive to move that "year old" unit.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:08 AM   #5

I've never seen a leftover last year Tiffin sitting on a lot. I'm sure they exist, I've just never seen one.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #6

Seriously not trying to be a contrarian here - but if most are built for customer order how are so many in dealer inventory? You did say ‘most’ so I I don’t know how many Tiffin builds yearly. Also just did a quick look and found several new 2018 models still in dealer inventory. Granted that’s looking at their websites and did not call or go there in person.

Chuck
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:46 PM   #7

Tiffin requires every coach to be paid for before it is delivered. Dealers can and do order MHs to have new coaches on there lot but at the factory a coach with an individuals name on it moves in front of a coach with a dealers name on it. My local dealer orders 12-20 coaches every year for stock but are lucky to get one or two and some years do not get any. If they have a new Tiffin on their lot, odds are it was ordered by someone and for some reason they were unable to complete the purchase. Plus the dealers are required to pay up front for that coach, it’s not like a Ford dealer with lot full of pickups who are floor planning.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #8

End of model year pricing

Good to know. I thought my dealer was small but they have 10 on the lot now. However all are ‘19 models - no ‘20 models yet like the big dealers have. So to the OP I would definitely try to talk to a dealer that already has ‘20 models on the lot if ‘19s are still available. Certainly can’t hurt to ask. But as others have said I don’t think dealers get any markdown money back from Tiffin on year end. They are simply too popular.

I’ve not done this but there are numerous threads about ordering through a dealer for a flat fee. I’m sure others on here can speak to that.

Good luck which ever way you go. I love my Tiffin gasser - best gas coach I’ve ever owned!
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:51 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Well there is a 2017 Zephyr down in TX and up intil just lately it was marked as new.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck&Pam View Post
Good to know. I thought my dealer was small but they have 10 on the lot now. However all are ‘19 models - no ‘20 models yet like the big dealers have. So to the OP I would definitely try to talk to a dealer that already has ‘20 models on the lot if ‘19s are still available. Certainly can’t hurt to ask. But as others have said I don’t think dealers get any markdown money back from Tiffin on year end. They are simply too popular.

I’ve not done this but there are numerous threads about ordering through a dealer for a flat fee. I’m sure others on here can speak to that.

Good luck which ever way you go. I love my Tiffin gasser - best gas coach I’ve ever owned!
29.3% discount quoted on a 2020 Allegro Red 37BA.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought a 2015 RED after the 2016s were already out and got a pretty good deal, so 8 months later I tried the same thing with a 2016 Phaeton that had been sitting on the lot for almost a year. Thought I got a really good deal until I tired to drive it away and it would only go 40 mph. That's when I learned about "lot rot". It spent the next two months in a repair center. I actually talked to Bob Tiffin about it and he said that when he hears about somebody buying one like that he tells them to drive it straight to Red Bay because it's going to need a lot of work.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:24 PM   #12

Nervous-about to pull the trigger.

I am about to be a newby. Got a quote for a new 2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH all-electric for $244K Plus TT&L. Does that sound OK to you. Been shopping and that is the best price I can find. MSRP is $340K.
ggraves427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggraves427 View Post
I am about to be a newby. Got a quote for a new 2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH all-electric for $244K Plus TT&L. Does that sound OK to you. Been shopping and that is the best price I can find. MSRP is $340K.
That is 28.3%, near the high end of the suggested 25-30% off. Just out of curiosity, what dealer was that (Ingram??). That % number if very familiar.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:56 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
When I priced my new Bus Marlin Ingram, Sherman, and Davis were the lowest and within $100 of each other.
David3811 is offline   Reply With Quote