Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2020, 05:23 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Engine air filter

Took our 2019 Phaeton 40ih in for the 1st annual oil change, etc etc but the repair facility could not locate a replacement air filter in order to do the change out. The Parker Racor Ecolite 062891010 in our rig would not cross reference to Fleetguard, Freightliner or Cummins or any other links that (3) different trucks tried to find for me.
Tiffin says their part number for that filter is 5028577, which is tied to the Parker Racor filter. Is this the only filter company Tiffin uses?
Has anyone found a replacement filter that is readily available without having to wait days to get one?
lyonstom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2020, 05:56 AM   #2

Just a thought and unsure of the conditions or type of roads you operate your rv on, but the replacement of a one year old rv air filter seems to me like an unnecessary expense. Have 35000 miles on my two year old Phaeton and air filter still more than serviceable. They have checked it during both oil changes. Might be worth it to have a look at yours before replacing it. Best of luck and safe travels.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:37 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cummins requires a filter change every year. They started that in 2018.
Here is the filter I use . Air filter. Parker/Racor # 094973007. Wix 49660

https://www.mddistributorsstore.com/...ilter-assembly
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Got mine through O'REILLY auto parts store. Ordered over the phone, picked up the next morning. WIX 49660. Probably paid way too much around $236.
DP76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:04 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Engine Air Filter inlet/outlet boots

Picked up my Parker Racor Ecolite air filter at M&D Distributors about an hours drive from home.

Does anyone know where I can find replacement rubber "boots" for the intake and outlet sides of the filter housing? I'm asking just in case I should rip one of them in trying to remove the filter housing, as they are stuck on there pretty tight.

I'm thinking of using a popsicle stick (or something like that) where I could pry the rubber back a little at a time, and possibly spray some rubber lube in there as I go to loosen up the boots. Your thoughts?
lyonstom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:27 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I switched to a K&N washable/reusable filter which are made much better than stock replacements. I use them in all my vehicles..car & motorcycle. www.K&N.com
groveln is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:34 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I carry a variety of plastic scrapers for situations like this. If you don't have that use a phillips screw driver and push it in and move it across the mating surface. The boots are made of heavy rubber and are pretty tough, you shouldn't have a problem.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:12 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I've changed the air filter on our Phaeton twice and yes, the first time the boots were pretty well stuck. Use a large screwdriver and pry the edges a little at a time and it will come loose. The boots are pretty thick and durable so you shouldn't have a problem. This filter is not the same one used in the Buses. M&D distributors is one of the few places I have found the filter. I used Dieselfiltersonline the first time and it took four weeks to get it as it was back ordered.

Changing it out is not difficult at all. The first time took me about half an hour. The second time the boots weren't so tight and it took about 15 minutes.

Against previous advice, do not change out to a K&N as they do not filter as well.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #9

Your local Freightliner dealer should have them, normally at a pretty good price.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:35 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonstom View Post
Picked up my Parker Racor Ecolite air filter at M&D Distributors about an hours drive from home.

Does anyone know where I can find replacement rubber "boots" for the intake and outlet sides of the filter housing? I'm asking just in case I should rip one of them in trying to remove the filter housing, as they are stuck on there pretty tight.

I'm thinking of using a popsicle stick (or something like that) where I could pry the rubber back a little at a time, and possibly spray some rubber lube in there as I go to loosen up the boots. Your thoughts?
That 'boot' should be pretty thick. I doubt you could rip it.

After cleaning the inside with a damp cloth, I spray a little silicone lube around the first inch or so to aid sliding the filter in.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
2017 different filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
Cummins requires a filter change every year. They started that in 2018.
Here is the filter I use . Air filter. Parker/Racor # 094973007. Wix 49660

https://www.mddistributorsstore.com/...ilter-assembly
Hi Gary,
I have a 2017 Bus and use an 11x18 filter #094973007. Same number that you reference. But the link is for a 13.5x15. Here is my filter.

https://www.mddistributorsstore.com/...ake-air-filter

Which size is your filter? Did Tiffin change filters?
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I replaced and cleaned my air filter several times. I use a light grease coating on the mating surfaces to ease the rubber from metal next times.
I vacuumed it out, carefully.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS View Post
Hi Gary,
I have a 2017 Bus and use an 11x18 filter #094973007. Same number that you reference. But the link is for a 13.5x15. Here is my filter.

https://www.mddistributorsstore.com/...ake-air-filter

Which size is your filter? Did Tiffin change filters?
I use the same filter you do. The link was for the op’s filter, not ours.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Baldwin Air Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonstom View Post
Took our 2019 Phaeton 40ih in for the 1st annual oil change, etc etc but the repair facility could not locate a replacement air filter in order to do the change out. The Parker Racor Ecolite 062891010 in our rig would not cross reference to Fleetguard, Freightliner or Cummins or any other links that (3) different trucks tried to find for me.
Tiffin says their part number for that filter is 5028577, which is tied to the Parker Racor filter. Is this the only filter company Tiffin uses?
Has anyone found a replacement filter that is readily available without having to wait days to get one?

The filter cross reference to Baldwin pa30317
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, air filter, engine