Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 11:42 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Entry door latch

Hi,
2017 Tiffin 31A Open Road
Having problems with door latch on entry door. Exterior door will not latch unless we really slam it. The pin on frame has no more outward adjustment that I can determine. The door latch that rotates around pin will not grab and secure. Can anyone help with ideas on how to remedy this issue?
Thanks, John & Sue
tiffin31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure that your latch is the same as mine but I had the same problem and it was continually getting worse. I used silicone on the mechanism and it got a little better. Couple of days ago I put some lithium grease on the latch bolt itself and now I can close it with one finger. Apparently the friction of the bolt on the strike plate was too much for it to easily retract when closing the door.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 06:32 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffin31 View Post
Hi,
2017 Tiffin 31A Open Road
Having problems with door latch on entry door. Exterior door will not latch unless we really slam it. The pin on frame has no more outward adjustment that I can determine. The door latch that rotates around pin will not grab and secure. Can anyone help with ideas on how to remedy this issue?
Thanks, John & Sue
Call Tiffin....There was a recall for A Open Roads up to 2018 re: the entry door latch. They sent me a new assembly and dealership installed it at no cost.
Good Luck
Reyfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:08 PM   #4

On mine I had to take the rubber bumpers off and shave them down to be a little shorter. Worked like a charm on mine.
Thanks,
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32SA
High Road Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:34 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
is your coach LEVELED? My sticks also in my driveway since it isn't level. With coach leveled normal closing is good.
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:31 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjvogtiii View Post
is your coach LEVELED? My sticks also in my driveway since it isn't level. With coach leveled normal closing is good.
I contacted Tiffin on recall: We did issue a recall on the entry door but it only involved units built between January 2018 and May 2018. Your unit is not involved.

Meanwhile we talked to their tech support and received some troubleshooting. Working on trying different solutions. Thanks for all of your help.
tiffin31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, entry door