Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2018, 05:56 AM   #1

Extended Warranty

Just purchased a 2014 Tiffin 33AA Red and wanting to see the top 3 warranty companies that do a good job.
todd.seibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2018, 06:19 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club

Congrats on your new MH. Sorry I can't help with the warranty question.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:27 AM   #3

I would advise NOT to buy one administered by ProTrek or Southwest Re.

They look for the slightest reason to not pay.
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Use the money you were going to spend and stick it in a bank account. Self funding your service contract will save you a ton of money - and won’t deny your claim.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Use the money you were going to spend and stick it in a bank account. Self funding your service contract will save you a ton of money - and won’t deny your claim.
This only works if you do not need a major repair but one claim regarding a Diesel motor or Allison transmission will be well worth the money spent on a warranty.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
totally agree. once the bank account is established add $X each month to it. if you do decide to purchase a service contract be sure to pay cash. if you finance it you'll be paying interest on it for years after the contract ends.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:38 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I purchased my Allegro, I was offered a 7-year service contract (exclusions based) for $7000. Each offer is different, I realize, but when you analyze cost vs. benefit, that plus the deductible on each claim ($500 per in my case) is a lot of money to make up to make it pay off. If you figure a claim a year for your coach, that's ultimately $10,000+ out of pocket before you get a nickel in return. If I thought I was going to have that much claim activity, I don't think I'd buy the MH. If your claim activity is a lot less than that, you're almost guaranteed if not getting your money back, unless of course you incur some major event. Based on the above, I chose to self-fund. Currently I have $3000 in that account strictly for unexpected repairs, I religiously add to the fund each month, and I have had no "claims" yet to draw any of the money out.

Everyone has to satisfy their own criteria when choosing what to do with these service contracts, just be sure you understand your fixed out of pocket expenses before you make your decision.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extended warranty, warranty