Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2022, 10:52 AM   #15

Perhaps I misunderstood, but when I asked Tiffin if warrantee transferred to second owner they said it did for the same length of time from original purchase.
RonAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2022, 09:50 PM   #16

Purchased 2022 Newmar Bay Star 3401, $185K with numerous add ons, Cornerstone Warranty 7yrs for $5,500. Good Sam for same coverage was $14k. Covers most all that affects coach except chassis. On the road otherwise I'd give more information. Very inclusive, didn't read anything it didn't cover. Bought warranty at time of Coach purchase.
Donhdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #17
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Mover View Post
Extended warranty on a brand new Tiffin Bus a yes or no. Around 20k for four years. My husband wants it I think it is a rip off. I have owned 4 tiffins and the first year we have different complaints or fixesÖ. After that little here and there
Owners please respond.
Thank you
To each his/her own. I am sure you will get a lot of responses both in support and not in support of the idea. Personally, I am in the latter group!

All the best, and congratulation on your new rig!
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:57 PM   #18

i purchased one for my 2020 Wayfarer. 4K 6/75miles. I shopped them on line and reviewed my findings with the dealership F&I manager. He matched the lowest contract price. I purchased it just in case i want to sell it.... if this bubble pops and we wanted out...i wanted a leg up on similar MHs. And yes the insurance company may try to avoid paying a claim.... call the dealership service manager and ask for help and or file a complaint with your AG / DOI.
salisbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:12 PM   #19

A ripoff for sure. Continue to maintain your maintenance schedules and you’ll be fine. Preventive maintenance is the key. Those policies are overrated and overpriced. Just my two cents. Some may chime in saying that they purchased one and saved them thousands of dollars. IMO they are very few actual big bucks saved. If you do purchase one, read the fine print very carefully. Do not trust what the selling agents say. Again, my two cents.
TomGur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:21 PM   #20

Exclamation Warranty Rip Offs

If you buy new the factory warranty is for minimum of 1 year from the time the manufacture delivered to retailers. That being said one main problem with even the factory warranty is that most retailers will not work on any Coach they didn’t sell because factory repairs are paid at a reduced rate. If shop rate is 280.00 HR. Factory Warrenty and most extended warranty’s pay at a reduced rate 100.00 hr making finding someone to work on it very very difficult. Better off finding a reputable mechanic paying cash. Depending on what your deductible is.
Vinnieboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:30 PM   #21

And the "Extended Warranty" AKA "Extended Service Contract" debate saga goes on and on. There will always be those who feel it's a security blanket for their RV and those who know it isn't.
Crasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:50 PM   #22

as i recall it is more of a "parts and labor agreement" rather than a service agreement. never an extended warranty. a warranty is part of the bargain and has no monetary value. if you extend a warranty for one...all must receive that extra coverage. and they can not charge for the change..

If you purchase one and feel you have made a mistake or trade the vehicle into a dealership, you can cancel the coverage . most states require the insurance / RRG company to make a refund ...based on the un used time or mileage.

something like that.
salisbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 06:12 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
No! Often you are stuck having point of purchase only authorized to repair. My Collinwood needs replacing , I bought my rig new and cannot get my rig repaired. The 7k in warranty has been useless to enforce claims.
magbrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:37 PM   #24

I like the idea of an extended warranty as catastrophic coverage. Do not get it from a dealer and do not get it when you purchase. First year is a sunk cost. I just purchased an exclusionary extended plan from Wholesale Warranties for 5 years on my first year anniversary date. They throw in some coverage that a dealer will charge you for like Tire Shield. Iíve had thousands of dollars of repair in year one so Iím assuming Iíll use it sometime during my coverage period. $20,000 for 4 years is just a total rip off.
EcoRick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:57 AM   #25

Remember when purchasing ANY extended warranty, These warranties are written by Lawyers, and NOT yours !
Old 02-02-2022, 09:14 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought same warranty. It is only valid at dealer where purchased rv. No claims can be opened by purchaser only dealer if they WANT to do the repair. Often warranty will be timed out and then dealer will see need for repair at Your cost.
magbrowning is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extended warranty, tiffin, warranty