Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2023, 07:37 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Exterior lights not working and solar shade won't go up

Just picked up a new to us 2013 Phaeton 40QBH on Friday. This is our first diesel pusher and we are excited! Coach is in immaculate condition inside and out. Couple of small issues though that I could use help with.

The porch light, security light, and road light are not working. I have checked power at the light socket with switch on and nothing. I assume it is a fuse or circuit breaker. I can not find anything in the fuse compartment below driver's seat that would remotely indicate it would be the right one. No circuit breakers are tripped. Anyone know where to look?

Also, we put down our solar shade yesterday and it would not go up. Later that evening, it went up just fine. Like a dummy, I put it back down today thinking it would go up later but it would not. We ended up having to manually roll it up and tie it up to get home. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide! And yes, I will try calling Tiffin when I get a chance if no one has any ideas.
TurnTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2023, 05:46 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Sounds like your shade motor has quit. This is a common problem. Sometimes you can bump the switch several times and the share will move just a few inches at a time to finally get it up.

I believe the motors have been improved since 2013. At least it was on our 2011 Bus.

If you go to your third storage bay door on the passenger side, look up towards the top of the bay there should be a fuse box hanging down. On the box there are LED lights that light up next to the fuse when the option is ON. If the LED light is not
ON indication your fuse is probably bad.

When we bought our 2011 I turned on every house light inside and out and could clearly see I had a couple fuses burnt out.

The fuses are the Mini fuse type

Hope this helps.

Jeff
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:44 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you for the reply, Jeff! After doing a bunch more reading on various forums last night, I agree with your diagnosis on the motor! I will be ordering two new motors today from Tiffin. Might as well replace both if I have to take the whole thing down anyway!
Old 05-02-2023, 02:36 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnTex View Post
Thank you for the reply, Jeff! After doing a bunch more reading on various forums last night, I agree with your diagnosis on the motor! I will be ordering two new motors today from Tiffin. Might as well replace both if I have to take the whole thing down anyway!

Hopefully you found the fuse panel I was referring?
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 05:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlturner View Post
Hopefully you found the fuse panel I was referring?

Unfortunately, there is not one on my coach. I looked all over in all the compartments and found nothing. I looked VERY thoroughly too! Called Tiffin today at 3:30 PM central time. The person I talked to said I needed to talk to electrical tech support. He transferred me there but they close at 3:30 eastern time so they were gone for the day! I will try again tomorrow.

Tags
light, lights, solar