Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #1

Factory or dealer?

I very well may be getting a Allegro 36UA gas model sometime in 2017. Just like autos and trucks I never can find one that is exactly as I would want it. Would there be an advantage to order direct from the factory and go pick it up over ordering from a dealer? How much off MSRP can I look towards getting it direct from Red Bay? Being I live in the beautiful, but awful state of Kalifornia I know I'd be saving the delivery cost.

And, if I order direct how long will it take?
Can I get it painted just one solid color in something they already use? I'm not crazy with stripes.
We already know the options we want. Just wondering about the paint.

I did shoot an email to Tiffin in regard to the paint and some other stuff and also asked about the slide mechanism as the slide is about 25' long!!

Thanks, Bob
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #2

While you can order any Tiffin exactly as you want it, it still has to go through a dealer (which is what we did)....

They have done special paint requests, seems like a solid color could easily be accommodated. I think requesting that info from Tiffin directly was a good move, that you'll need to take to dealers when you get prices.

We ordered ours in early Dec 2014 and picked it up in early March, which obviously includes the holiday work shut down in Red Bay, but we and our dealer are only about 350 miles from the factory.....

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Lead time on Tiffin Motorhomes is typically 8-12 weeks. This can vary based on the time of year. It's a little longer around Christmas/New Years and at Fourth of July. There can also be delays around model change-over which is May to July.

I would only factory order. Spending that amount of money you might as well be assured that you get what you want. If you can get to Red Bay for the build, do it. We watched our Phaeton be built and it was worth everyday we spent doing it.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As far as I know, you can't pick up an order directly from Tiffin, you have to get delivery from a dealer.
garykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
As far as I know, you can't pick up an order directly from Tiffin, you have to get delivery from a dealer.
Yup, got to go through a dealer. I can go watch them built what I order, but it has to be delivered to the dealer. And for some reason I can't get it painted in a solid color. But that is all okay.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:27 AM   #6

Sherman RV in Tupelo, MS is an outstanding dealer and very close to Tiffin. We had a great experience with them and you can deal with them directly over the telephone for your order. We worked with Carol Cole.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #7

Sherman near Tupelo or Davis in Memphis have consistently good reviews. Both offer around 28% off MSRP on diesels. Don't know about gas.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:56 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I ordered a 2017 Allegro 32SA (Gas) thru my dealer in Illinois. Got all the options I wanted, none I didn't. Lead time was 9-11 weeks. I got a 25% discount off MSRP even with it being ordered.
jenglish92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglish92 View Post
I ordered a 2017 Allegro 32SA (Gas) thru my dealer in Illinois. Got all the options I wanted, none I didn't. Lead time was 9-11 weeks. I got a 25% discount off MSRP even with it being ordered.
That is what I worry about with any dealer close to me. I figure if you ain't getting 20% off MSRP you are getting reamed. That S stands for suggested. I have a dealer 100 miles south and another 100 miles north of me. The outfit to the south has a bad reputation from what I hear.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:42 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Last year when we bought our 36LA, we got a price list from tiffin and chose the options and colors we wanted. We added the retail prices of the unit and the options, and came up with what the retail will be. We then sent that build sheet to several dealers. We ended up with 28% off, just as many have reported throughout this and other boards.
The build took just under 90 days. The unit was shipped to the dealer to prepare it for delivery and fix and adjust the many issues that may arise in a new coach.
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianb131 View Post
Last year when we bought our 36LA, we got a price list from tiffin and chose the options and colors we wanted. We added the retail prices of the unit and the options, and came up with what the retail will be. We then sent that build sheet to several dealers. We ended up with 28% off, just as many have reported throughout this and other boards.
The build took just under 90 days. The unit was shipped to the dealer to prepare it for delivery and fix and adjust the many issues that may arise in a new coach.
That sounds like the way to do it. My closest dealer is about 100 miles away. So I'm not really worried about driving a distance to get what I want.

Tags
dealer