Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Fireplace & washer/dryer not working

I'm at a park with only 30amp, so I'm plugged in with an adapter. This morning it was chilly, so I put on the fireplace. When I looked at it about 15 minutes later, it was off and wouldn't go back on. Just now, I tried to do a load of wash in the washing machine, but neither it nor the dryer would turn on.

I assume this is caused by a circuit breaker, but I don't know where to start looking. Can anyone help

2013 Phaeton 40QBH.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
In your breaker panel, any tripped breaker will be a little out of line with the others. To reset a breaker, turn it OFF then back to ON. The two 50 amp breakers at the top of the panel should also be checked, with the

Do you have an Electrical Management System? (EMS) An EMS will shed loads if you are close to the 30 amp (or 20 amp) limit. If you have an EMS, make sure it's set to 30 amps on a 30 amp shore power. Since the fireplace, washer, and dryer are all off, it could be one of the 'Mains' or big breakers that supplies the power to all the circuits in that column.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Sounds like a park pedestal breaker issue. I'd go out and try restting the 30 amp breaker. Ive been at parks before where an overload will cause the main feeding the pedestal to trip as well. If all else failsuse a volt meter to check.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:45 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Your breakers are located in the bedroom closet in the left rear corner of the motorhome. Running on 30 amps, you have very limited power to run various things like the fireplace, dryer, etc.

If you have a Precision Circuits load balancing system (my 2014 Phaeton had one), then it is set up to shed loads on various circuits to prevent you from tripping the 30 amp breaker on the pedestal. Your choice is to not use these appliances or move to a 50 amp site where you will have full power.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:51 AM   #5

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyLadd View Post
Sounds like a park pedestal breaker issue. I'd go out and try restting the 30 amp breaker. Ive been at parks before where an overload will cause the main feeding the pedestal to trip as well. If all else failsuse a volt meter to check.
Most every 30 amp park pedestal I've ever seen only has ONE 30 amp breaker. If it tripped, there'd be NO power to the RV. On a 50 amp pedestal, there are two breakers, but not a 30 amp one. The OP said he was using an adaptor to connect his 50 amp cord into a 30 amp outlet.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:31 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyLadd View Post
Yup, that was it! Apparently, I'd been running on my batteries alone for about 36 hours. I turned the off breaker on the post and then back on again and everything worked! I only bought this Phaeton 4 weeks ago, so now I know to be careful when I only have a 30 amp post. I'll be moving to a 50 amp post soon. Didn't even know they had any at this park!

Tags
ace, fire, replace