Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2021, 02:24 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
First trip to Red Bay - any tips?

We will soon be making our first trip to Red Bay to address a few outstanding warranty items. We are only about 4-1/2 hours away.
A couple of the items require time in the paint shop, so we will be leaving the coach with Tiffin, and picking it up when the work is complete.
On the drop off trip, we are only going to stay one or two nights. Take a little time to check out the immediate area, and head home
A couple weeks after that (hopefully), we may stay a little longer in the general area.
Best time to check in with service at Tiffin?
Any recommendations for an RV campsite?
Recommedations for where to dine out?
I am assuming when we leave the coach with Tiffin, it will not be on any shore power (so empty the fridge).
OK to leave most items we nornally leave in the coach?
JohnCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2021, 05:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
We will soon be making our first trip to Red Bay to address a few outstanding warranty items. We are only about 4-1/2 hours away.
A couple of the items require time in the paint shop, so we will be leaving the coach with Tiffin, and picking it up when the work is complete.
On the drop off trip, we are only going to stay one or two nights. Take a little time to check out the immediate area, and head home
A couple weeks after that (hopefully), we may stay a little longer in the general area.
Best time to check in with service at Tiffin?
Any recommendations for an RV campsite?
Recommedations for where to dine out?
I am assuming when we leave the coach with Tiffin, it will not be on any shore power (so empty the fridge).
OK to leave most items we nornally leave in the coach?
We will be making our 3rd trip to Red Bay next Friday. I am out of warranty so I have appointments with outside vendors for various work I want done (slide adjusted, new slide out tray installed, carpet on steps and front area, AH serviced, running lights, and Soft Start installation). If you are under warranty you can stay at the Tiffin campsite, if not the only one you can make reservations is Red Bay Acres (that is where we are staying). The check in is open early (8am?) and open till about 7PM. Coaches I have seen are not connected to power, not sure if you could ask or not. Red Bay Acres has a restaurant that many rave about so we are looking forward to it. There are a few spots to visit that are interesting. We took the hour drive to Shiloh Battlefield (north into Tennessee), very good day and the dogs enjoyed it as well. This trip we are going to eat lunch at the Rattlesnake Saloon, a restaurant/bar built into a rock formation. If you do not make reservations at Red Bay Acres, or are under warranty to stay at the Tiffin campsites, all others are first come/first served space available. You can find some of the here: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/re...labama/red-bay
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:42 AM   #3

Just be aware that this is a VERY busy time at RB. The snowbirds are migrating.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:14 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks Bob!
Looks like we will miss you by a day or so. Plan is to head to RB Tuesday, leave our coach with Tiffin, head back home Thursday. If we end up still there Friday, may try to rech out to you on here.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
Thanks Bob!
Looks like we will miss you by a day or so. Plan is to head to RB Tuesday, leave our coach with Tiffin, head back home Thursday. If we end up still there Friday, may try to rech out to you on here.
We will not arrive in RB until Saturday. Is a 400 mile drive for me, and I have no time constraints that require me to do that. I am using outside vendors with appointments so I hope to be back on my way home on Thursday or Friday at the latest (28th or 29th).
Old 10-16-2021, 01:02 PM   #6

We were in Red Bay this past June. Our experience was that Red Bay Acres is the only campground that is not a bare parking lot.

We visited Dismals Canyon (https://www.dismalscanyon.com/), which is about a 40 minute drive from Red Bay. The website description is pretty accurate: "A 1.5 mile hiking trail on the canyon floor follows Dismals Branch through sky-reaching boulders, past thundering waterfalls, into a secret world of mossy-green and pearl-gray filled with ferns and giant trees." Definitely worth the trip.
KenTep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:12 AM   #7

Is the Aqua Hot vendor Brannon’s Custom RV?
Plan to be in Red Bay January
springer0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer0125 View Post
Is the Aqua Hot vendor Brannon’s Custom RV?
Plan to be in Red Bay January
He is doing mine next Monday.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
He is doing mine next Monday.
Great
Thx for the info
springer0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTep View Post
We were in Red Bay this past June. Our experience was that Red Bay Acres is the only campground that is not a bare parking lot.

We visited Dismals Canyon (https://www.dismalscanyon.com/), which is about a 40 minute drive from Red Bay. The website description is pretty accurate: "A 1.5 mile hiking trail on the canyon floor follows Dismals Branch through sky-reaching boulders, past thundering waterfalls, into a secret world of mossy-green and pearl-gray filled with ferns and giant trees." Definitely worth the trip.
Thanks Ken and Carol.
We have delayed our trip to the mothership until early November.
We will be leaving the coach with Tiffin for 2 or 3 weeks.
Given things could get cold in north Bama in November, should we blow our water lines clear before we leave it?
Quickest way to do that?
Old 10-17-2021, 11:21 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
There are blow out adapters available on amazon that attach to the fresh water input hose connection. Then you just us a compressor on low pressure to blow the lines. Even a full winterization might be advisable as there can be early freezes in norther Alabama.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:39 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
There are blow out adapters available on amazon that attach to the fresh water input hose connection. Then you just us a compressor on low pressure to blow the lines. Even a full winterization might be advisable as there can be early freezes in norther Alabama.
Thanks.
Besides blowing out the water lines and draining the hot water tank, what else would "full winterization" include?
I just want to prevent damage during the couple weeks it sits at Tiffin.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:50 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
Great lunch and dinner at Red Bay acres.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:01 PM   #14

Red bay trip

Also planning to arrive in Red Bay early Jan. Wll look up Red Bay Acres. I am hoping that Jan is not to busy and I can get through in 2_3 weeks then head to Gulf Shores for a spell. Any experience with Tiffin in Jan?
nhjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tips