Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #1

First Year Completed

We took delivery of our 2013 43QGP last May. Here is what changes or service we had done.

1/ I replaced the proportioning valves with manual regulators and am now able to determine how I want to distribute the weight between the steer, drive and tag axles. (This was something I wanted, but not necessarily needed) Tiffin paid for it.

2/ Replaced the passenger side window with a one piece that allows a greater view. (Bob Tiffin personally sent it to my dealer at no charge)

3/ Replaced a noisy dryer motor with a nice quiet one. No charge from Tiffin.

4/ We removed the Villa sleeper sofa and replaced it with a double recliner w/console. $730

5/ One motorized shade had to be replaced. No charge.

6/ Swivel cable on the passenger chair broke. Replaced no charge

7/ The windshield popped loose at one corner and was re-installed and sealed. No problem since.

8/ I replaced the 10,000# hitch with the 15,000# hitch used on the 2014 coaches. $187

9/ I added a 45 amp smart charger to be fed from a 2000 watt Honda generator when dry camping. Much, much, much quieter and more efficient than the big 10KW Onan. $190

10/ Bought a new 50 amp power cord after dragging the original one down the road for 50 miles. (It was dark and couldn't see it. :( )

11/ Replaced the Induction cook top. No charge. It is bad again and is scheduled to be replaced with an upgraded one. I will have to pay the difference.

12/ Tiffin re-programmed the modules to my specs for controlling the tag air bags. No charge.

13/ Had to adjust one of the ride height valves. no charge

That pretty much sums up any problems we have had the first year. 13, 780 miles after delivery and we couldn't be happier. We just arrived back in WI and came through some strong winds and rain. The coach handled it all with ease, even pulling a 12,000# tall enclosed trailer. Of course, the mileage went from 7.5 to 5.5 mpg when we turned into the 22-30 mph head winds for the last 580 miles. We are already looking forward to our trip out to Idaho for July 4th.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like you've had a great series of good luck. We love to hear stories where someone is happy with their MH and the service they received on it.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #3

What cook top are you upgrading to?
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
What cook top are you upgrading to?

Not sure yet. My dealer is checking on what he can get through Tiffin and I am checking on my own.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Sounds like you've had a great series of good luck. We love to hear stories where someone is happy with their MH and the service they received on it.
I'm not sure how much "Luck" was involved. We chose a proven coach from a great company (our third Tiffin) and purchased it from a quality dealer. That's usually the most important part of becoming a happy camper.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations Crasher!
Did you mention who your dealer was?
We'll be shopping soon and always like to find good dealers.
Yianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yianni View Post
Congratulations Crasher!
Did you mention who your dealer was?
We'll be shopping soon and always like to find good dealers.
I bought from Kings Campers in Wausau, WI. I have also received excellent service from LaMesa in Tucson. I felt bad that I couldn't buy from both.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #8

kings

Crasher- did you deal with somebody named Mark?
I wanted to drive up and look at a 45LP if and when they get one in again.
Just curious, I only mailed away for Tiffin Brochure and Kings gave me the cursory phone call follow up.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:53 AM   #9
KJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Just curious, I only mailed away for Tiffin Brochure and Kings gave me the cursory phone call follow up.
Tom

I bought from Mark at King’s. Great guy and very conscientious toward his customers. He has my recommendation.
KJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Tom
On our 03, I dealt with Ron the owner. The '11 and current '13 was with his son John. I've met Mark and he seems like a nice guy. There is also a Mark in warrantee/service. Everyone at Kings is pleasant to deal with. Good Luck