Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2021, 12:16 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Flooring project

We have a 2003 Phaeton DP with one large slideout(dinette and sofa bed) and I'm planning to tear out all of the carpet and old linoleum. I just finished installing 1200 sq. ft. of Pergo extreme in my house and have several boxes left over.
First, is the floor throughout the entire coach the same level excluding the slideout or will I have to use underlayment to even things out? Second, the Pergo comes with a thin padding on the back so I'm wondering what adhesive I could use to make sure it sticks.
I don't really need to use the Pergo, but I have almost enough to do the whole coach. It's a great product and I hate to waste what I have leftover. Thank you for any advice or comments.
Npkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #2

My 04 Phaeton the entire floor was perfectly flat and one level. I did have to float a little leveling compound behind the console where the entrance step cover retracts. My LVP just floats and is not glued down. Demo of the old carpet and tile is the biggest part of the job.

Happy to share more info if you want it.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you vseasport, mine to is floating but most of the articles I’ve read says to glue it down. Did you install baseboards? Thank you again
Npkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npkp View Post
Thank you vseasport, mine to is floating but most of the articles I’ve read says to glue it down. Did you install baseboards? Thank you again
Yes, I used Coretec LVP (https://coretecfloors.com) and they offer several different styles of trim pieces. First I fabricated my own wood quarter-round to install in all visible places but ended up replacing it with their quarter-round for a better finish. The Coretec is a premium product that snaps together, is water proof and has a cork backing. Other products were recommended by several but water proof was the deciding factor and has worked out to be the best choice.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:19 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We used that product in our S&B bathroom & sunroom because they claim it to be very stable - no expansion & contraction due to temperatures. And excellent UV protection from fading.

I think it is a great product. We've had it installed for a couple years now with zero issues. I installed it in some areas with zero room for expansion (door thresholds & trim) and it hasn't moved. The cork backing gives it a soft feel. And it feels warm in the winter, cool in the summer.

I would just be concerned about the rollers pushing it down a little and causing the slides to get out of alignment a little. I know it only gives probably 1/32" so probably isn't an issue, but I feel that give every time I walk in those rooms, and I only weight 150 lbs.

Tags
floor, flooring