RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2020, 07:57 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Foamy water

So, on our new Bus, for the first 10 seconds or so the water is VERY foamy coming out of the faucet. Asked around at the Tiffin service center and they did not have an suggestion on how to correct this.

Anyone out there solve this mystery.

Thanks jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2020, 08:16 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I pushed the red button on top of the water filter to get the air out of the line on our bus. Hope this helps.
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:24 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Was it winterized at some point? Sometimes if the RV anti-freeze is not all flushed out you will see some foam until you have flushed it all out.
inlineskater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 04:46 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I am now on my second Tiffin coach. I had a 2017 Phaeton and now a 2020 Allegro Bus. Both coaches have foaming water from all the faucets. The new Bus is much worse than the Phaeton and it has never been winterized with the pink stuff.

I had four fifth wheels prior to going to the 2017 Phaeton and NONE of them had foaming water. I have come to the conclusion that the foaming water problem is caused by Tiffinís use of a lot of the white flexible water ďhoseĒ or lines throughout the coach and very little Pex lines. The four prior RVís had all Pex water lines except for the flexible water hose coming into the RV and never had a foaming problem. Just my two cents worth.
lakefront5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:24 AM   #5

I have foamy water in my 2020 RED, has never been winterized. Not sure why, but has not been an issue (seems to be more prevalent in the bathrooms and not so much in the kitchen).
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlineskater View Post
Was it winterized at some point? Sometimes if the RV anti-freeze is not all flushed out you will see some foam until you have flushed it all out.
This. I get foam out of the faucets for the first few days after draining the antifreeze out.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:01 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorn View Post
So, on our new Bus, for the first 10 seconds or so the water is VERY foamy coming out of the faucet. Asked around at the Tiffin service center and they did not have an suggestion on how to correct this.

Thanks jeff
Foamy looking water is typically caused by air in the lines. You'll often see foamy water for the first few gallons after an extended period of no use. If the foamy water situation continues, you are probably getting air in the line on the SUCTION side of your water pump. A loose connection or loose filter screen will cause this and will not appear as a leak because there is no pressure on the suction side of the pump.

Do you have the same issue when connected to a shore water supply or it just when using the pump?
f14av8r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by f14av8r View Post
Foamy looking water is typically caused by air in the lines. You'll often see foamy water for the first few gallons after an extended period of no use. If the foamy water situation continues, you are probably getting air in the line on the SUCTION side of your water pump. A loose connection or loose filter screen will cause this and will not appear as a leak because there is no pressure on the suction side of the pump.

Do you have the same issue when connected to a shore water supply or it just when using the pump?
I agree, we have the same issue. If you have a standard water heater the air could also be coming from trapped air in the very top of the water heater. We get more foaming in hot than cold, but definitely get it in both. We find it goes away after a short while of active water use. Over 110,000 miles and no long term problems.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #9

Quote:

Thanks jeff

Are you using supply pressure or pump pressure? If off pump could be leak on suction line.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our 2018 Bus had the foamy water, especially in the bathroom sinks. I finally changed out the aerators and the problem was solved. Now how to figure out how to change the aerator in the kitchen faucet. Iíll bet none of you have foamy water in the shower..( no aerator).
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:57 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Going to look at the water pump supply connection. It SEEMS like it only happens when on the pump like we have for the last couple of days. Also the pump cycles off and on even with a faucet full on. Don’t think it should.

Thanks for all the thoughts. I’ll update after more testing. Jeff.
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:41 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
Our 2018 Bus had the foamy water, especially in the bathroom sinks. I finally changed out the aerators and the problem was solved. Now how to figure out how to change the aerator in the kitchen faucet. Iíll bet none of you have foamy water in the shower..( no aerator).
Agree, the aerators cause foaming. If you remove them, no foam. Installing a new aerator (different type) will correct the problem.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Going to look at the water pump supply connection. It SEEMS like it only happens when on the pump like we have for the last couple of days. Also the pump cycles off and on even with a faucet full on. Donít think it should.

Thanks for all the thoughts. Iíll update after more testing. Jeff.

Pump cycling on and off is sign of a leak.(loss of pressure) in the back pressure valve in the pump itself. Do you find your fresh water tank overflowing sometimes for no apparent reason.?
firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Going to look at the water pump supply connection. It SEEMS like it only happens when on the pump like we have for the last couple of days. Also the pump cycles off and on even with a faucet full on. Donít think it should.

Thanks for all the thoughts. Iíll update after more testing. Jeff.
If the pump shuts down when a faucet is fully open does not indicate a leak but a restriction or need for adjustment of the pump pressure. Check all the aerators. If this a new MH, good chance the aerators are clogged with construction debris.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water