Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2021, 02:00 AM   #1

Fresh Water Tank Sensor Location

I need to know how to find the fresh water tank sensor on a 2019 Phaeton 40 AH. If anyone knows it would save me a lot of time hunting for its location.
We Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2021, 07:42 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Remove the fixed panels on the passenger side opposite the wet bay. However, if you are expecting to fix/replace the factory sensors, save yourself the frustration and have a SeeLevel tank sensor level system installed.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #3

I have looked behind the drivers side water bay and it is not there. I do see an obvious way to remove the passenger side fixed panel. Must be some screws hidden somewhere.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:56 PM   #4

I just pulled that side panel off to repair the black tank flusher spray head. The black tank sits on top of the fresh water tank and the fresh water sensor was very visible once that panel is off. There were 4 screws visible on the forward part of that panel, about 4 inches from the top and 4 inches from the bottom, same on the other end of that panel.They are in that tiny space between the two side panels to the rear. I'm talking about the panel just forward of the rear wheels on the passenger side of my 40 AP motorhome. The panel is not that heavy and is a one person job to remove and reinstall.
Once the panel is loose, you can remove the clamp holding the fresh water fill hose and the panel will come free.
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #5

Thanks, I will look this weekend.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:51 PM   #6

FWIW, I added two modified butt hinges on the forward side of that door and left the screws on the rear. Simple mod that makes it much easier to access that compartment.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
FWIW, I added two modified butt hinges on the forward side of that door and left the screws on the rear. Simple mod that makes it much easier to access that compartment.
Great idea, wish i had thought about that, next time in there I will do that too. Thanks
weighit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fresh water, tank, water