Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

Front Power Shade Won't Open

When I tried to open the blind shade this morning, I heard a slight click and it went dead. The screen shade was also down and it works fine. Problem is we're due to leave here in the morning. Since both blinds are on the same fuse, it eliminates that. I would take the blind down until we can get it repaired, but haven't been able to figure how to do that. For the past couple of weeks there have been occasions that when I pushed in on the switch, there was a slight hesitation, but then it operated, so it could be the switch instead of the motor.

Any suggestions on how to remove the one blind are appreciated.

Thanks,
Dick
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Might have to roll it up like a big burrito and wrap a bungee around it or something to get you by until you can service it.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I had this happen on our former ‘09 Phaeton. I’m not sure if your problem is the same as ours was but somehow the shade became convinced that it was all the way up when it was, in fact, all the way down. I had to reprogram the unit (found a video on how to do it on YouTube). It was a fairly simple process but you will have to pop off a small bit of trim in order to access a set of wires that you will need to temporarily put a jumper on. Sorry that I don’t have more specific details for you. Good luck!
JWEibeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:45 PM   #4

Thanks for your responses. I was able to carefully roll it up from the bottom around the bottom rod all the way to the top and the ends slid into the slot at the top, keeping them out of the way. I don't think that it can go anywhere, but to be safe I put a zip tie around it and the roller at the top.

My travels in the next few weeks are taking us close to Red Bay. If I don't find a repair facility before hand, I'll go to a local repair facility there instead of the wait at the factory. Does anyone recommend a facility for this type of repair in Red Bay?
Old 08-06-2018, 08:24 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have auto motion shades and have had to replace the motor on the night shade. 99% of the time the motor goes bad and has to be replaced. Motor costs about $80 and hopefully it can be replaced under warranty at Red Bay. Tiffin sent me a new motor under warranty even though my MH was out of warranty. If I was in your situation I would go to Red Bay to have it Repaired. If nothing else it is a great experience and make sure you take the plant tour to get a free night camping.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:07 PM   #6

Thanks Mike. I've been to Red Bay a couple of times. I may go there and have someone else there replace it under my extended warranty, unless when I get there the wait is only a couple of days at Tiffin. I have had some outside work done there with great success.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #7

Our 2 week old Phaeton 37BH window shade just went out. We have the red triangle on the Spyder System. I suspect that this is due to trying to lower the shade while driving. Does anyone know how to reset it?
Old 08-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
On the passenger end of the shade, check to see if you have two smallish push button switches hanging down (or tucked somewhere out of sight). If so, those are the reset buttons for the two shades.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
On the passenger end of the shade, check to see if you have two smallish push button switches hanging down (or tucked somewhere out of sight). If so, those are the reset buttons for the two shades.
Thanks so much! We will check. These are things not in the directions.[emoji16]
Old 08-23-2018, 08:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhine View Post
Thanks so much! We will check. These are things not in the directions.[emoji16]
I believe that pushing the button to lower the blinds while caused a offline error which is also showing up on the spyder system.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhine View Post
I believe that pushing the button to lower the blinds while caused a offline error which is also showing up on the spyder system.
We finally found the problem after a second call to Spyder Control. We found that the shade had become unplugged. Apparently, a common problem.

Tags
power