Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #1

Fuel fill issue

Has anyone experienced a problem filling the fuel tank on 2015 Tiffin Phaeton. There is a filler on both sides and both sides it is extremely slow getting fuel to go into the tank
bobgt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2015, 04:48 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2015 Phaeton and have no issue filling it. The problem for me is it foams up and I only get 3/4 full.
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #3

Look at the fill hoses that run from the filler neck to the tank. Make sure they are in a straight downward angle without any sags or something collapsing them. As stated previously diesel fuel tends to foam a lot and cause the nozzle to shut off. I always set the nozzle to fill at the slowest rate, and even then it's fill and stop, fill and stop for the last 10 gallons or so.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had that problem too, some owners have not...Make sure the vent hoses are not kinked or sagging and also the fill hoses. The PS filler is a straight shot but still backs up. On the DS on ours I did move the filler hose so it's at more of an angle, it had a slight sag in it. So far it's worked better...I did find that biodiesel does foam more, so I have stopped filling at Pilots unless I have to, that and I try to find a pump with the smaller nozzle.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #5

Since TMH moved the DS filler higher up, there have been very few problems. After my 2012 Phaeton shuts off, I can't add more than about a quart. That's using the truck pumps on the slowest setting in the DS filler.

If yours is shutting off as early as you say, you probably have a vent problem. Neither hose should have any "traps".
Old 05-06-2015, 08:52 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I would not fill from the PS unless it is absolutely necessary. The inlet is not that far above the tank and it is difficult to get the tank more than about 3/4 full.

The DS fill is the preferred fill location. If you are having a problem with the DS fill, look underneath and see if there are any sags in the fill hose. Also look and see if there is so much foam up there that it is crushing the vent hose. If you are still having a problem, take it back to your dealer for repair.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:02 PM   #7

Just took possession of a well-maintained 2014 Allegro RED and I had fuel filling problems the first 2 tries while at Pilot and Flying J truckstops. In both cases I had to tend the fill nozzle the whole time, keeping on MINIMAL flow (barely on and well less than the first click point), otherwise the nozzle would shut off or fuel spill out. I've checked the lines visually to look for kinks or bellies in the pipes - everything looks OK to me.

Has anyone found another solution to this?
EVO-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Crusingator on TiffinRV site has a mod that worked for our bus.

http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com/crusi...od/MOD-009.pdf

I substituted a section of 2 inch perforate angle for the metal tube in the link. Flatten the ends out to about 120 degrees so they won't chaff fuel filerl hose. Hose clamps also fit better. Cross-section would look like this: <o with angle at 12 o'clock same as tubing.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote