Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2021, 05:23 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Girard Awnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1219 View Post
2021 Tiffin Red 37PA

Main Girard awning does not work. The LED does not come on either. Looking at the schematics there is a 10 amp fuse but I cannot locate it. Called Tiffin and they don't know either. Called Girard and they are closed for the entire week for 4th of July at the Red Bay location.

Anyone know where this fuse is is located?

I do not have any blown fuses or tripped breakers in any of the three locations (under driver seat storage compartment, battery bay, rear bedroom closet).

Bedroom lights look like strobes when dimmed. Happens on both shore and generator power. Any ideas?

CB radio antenna (factory installed) still not working. If I cannot figure it out I guess I will have to replace it all. I put a magnet mount antenna on my car and hooked it up to my radio and all worked good. My radio is a nice Cobra Presidential model and it tells you when there is an antenna issue so you don't burn up the radio. Tiffin mounted antenna it indicates and issue. My magnet antenna on my car, it shows no issue.

I am still under warranty but Red Bay is a long way from Orlando and my dealer is in Fort Myers which is also 3 hours away so nothing quick and easy.

TIA for ideas
I recently had my exterior awnings on my 2008 Allegro Bus upgraded to Girard Awnings.

I had an issue on the main awning. It would not extend. The LED lights would turn and off without issue (which would tell you if you have a fuse issue). When I went to extend the awning and pressed the button, the LED lights would instantly dim to nearly off. But not motor hum and no motion. It would only fail in the closed position.

After a lot of troubleshooting and phone calls to Girard, the issue ending being that some of the screws on the awning case were over-tightened at the factory. If I get up on a ladder and lightly tap one end of the awning case while someone is pressing the out button, the awning will "unstick" itself.

I haven't removed the end caps yet to loosen up the screws yet. Mine sticks only about once every 3 months. Easy fix for me. Good Luck!
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2021, 04:19 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
UPDATE TO MY PRIOR POST - While traveling in the Keys, the Awning stopped working all together. I contacted Girard and they are sending me a new motor and controller. Not sure what caused it to fail, but my previous explanation was not correct.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:26 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete5016 View Post
UPDATE TO MY PRIOR POST - While traveling in the Keys, the Awning stopped working all together. I contacted Girard and they are sending me a new motor and controller. Not sure what caused it to fail, but my previous explanation was not correct.
I suspect in your case the awning was not adjusted properly. When retracting, the motor did not shut off when the awning was stored properly.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 05:00 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
I suspect in your case the awning was not adjusted properly. When retracting, the motor did not shut off when the awning was stored properly.
I don't think that was the case. The awning was not quite fully retracted (maybe an 1/4 - 1/2" off). Girard said that due to fabric stretching, I just needed to adjust that after the new motor install. So, I don't think the motor overtightened itself.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:55 PM   #19

Check the coax for short and for continuity. If shorted no transmit , if broken no transmit or hearing. Could just be a bad connector install.
RonAz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, awning, led, light, lights