Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Going to Red Bay, any tips?

Have to bring my coach to Red Bay for body work. Driving up Thursday night. I am going to leave it up there. Anything I should know ahead of time? Any tips would be appreciated.
Joshua 24:15
ChucknTammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #2

Good thing you're going to leave it. We're here now and folks are being told 3-5 weeks for a bay. The bck in spots re full and they're posting only dry camping. The CG down the street is full almost all the time too. Good luck, but most of the runway is lined both sides with unattended coaches awaiting work. A very busy time of year at Red Bay.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Normally, when you arrive at the service center campground, you are checked in by the camp hosts. They sign you in, get your list of things needed and assign you a space for the night or tell you where to dry camp. If you arrive after 7pm the office is closed so you just have to find a place to park for the night (look where others are dry camped). You will need to check in first thing in the morning with them. After getting your list and contact info, they pass it along to Tiffin's service dept who takes it from there. Since I haven't left mine yet, I am not sure but the camp hosts will probably tell you where to park the coach, get the keys and all that (or Norris will).
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the info. We will be heading out tonight. We are about 8 hours away so it will be after hours when we arrive. I really appreciate the info.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We are back down south. Left the coach in Red Bay awaiting repair. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit. I have always Been told I needed to go to Red Bay to get a understanding of what Tiffin is all about. That is true. Strongly recommend that other owners visit Red Bay if they ever have the opportunity. You can see it all. They don't hide anything. I could go on and on, but I won't. I will say I do not ever see myself in anything other than a Tiffin coach.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #6

The service guys are pretty good, they do a pretty good job calling you as it is moved from shop to shop getting repairs. We were told 3-5 weeks and it ended up being about 6 weeks before they actually got to it. In the mean time we opted for Bay Diesel to get the rig and service the engine and generator.
mickandr is offline   Reply With Quote