Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2018, 06:41 AM   #15

great posts

folks these are exactly the kind of posts and info that i hoped that we could gather... thanks loads...
keep 'em coming...
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #16

Here is the post I referred to previously in post 14:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/koni...er-295058.html
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought a new 2018 32SA a couple of weeks ago. One thing I hope you did was to order the 24000 chassis, as when shopping I found a mix of 32SA's on both the 22000 and the 24000. 24000 REALLY drives nicely. Has a stouter set of sway bars. Also don't forget the Sumo springs. With that, it rolls down the interstates nicely, not much sway or galloping from front to back...

Mine has the power driver's window. Has worked fine the dozen or so times I have used it. Also has the power reclining with footrest passenger seat. Never get to use that, I am the designated driver...

Residential Fridge is nice. REALLY gets cold, produces plenty of ice. Don't look for an on/off switch however, you have to hold the temp button down for 4 secs to power it off (lights remain on, has LED inside lights so not much power but I didn't like leaving them on). This also gives you the 2K watt inverter and four batteries at the PS rear of the coach, leaving the battery compartment under the steps empty. Have run the fridge 24 hours non-stop on the batteries with no problems. Have not tried it longer than that.. And the 7K onan upgrade helps as well. I have played around with the power and the generator can run a BUNCH of stuff (2 A/C units + fridge + furnace with no issues. The LED lights Tiffin uses could run off of a flashlight battery so they don't even count.

The in-motion sat dish works well (we chose Dish, direct-tv is not high def on that antenna.) Don't expect to watch TV while driving through a large town or on a very curvy road, it can't keep up. On interstates it seems to track just fine.

Mine came with the 15K BTU heat pump up front. Really like that for the cool evenings where the furnace is a bit much.

Bedroom ceiling fan is OK. A bit small in blade diameter but it does move a little air. Speed adjustable while laying in bed.

Ours came with the long straight sofa. Makes out into a queen-sized bed but turned sideways so the bed can be out and you can still go from front to back of coach without tripping over it. Has a coil spring + air mattress and is extremely comfortable. We didn't like the L-shaped option as well.

The optional backsplash looks nice. But it is pretty pricey, as you will know if you ordered that. Came on ours.

Ours also came with the drop-down front bunk. Works easily sleeps either one normal person or two newlyweds.

I like the in-dash nav system. Some complain. But it has worked well for the two trips we have taken and expect the same on this weekend's expedition. I like the built in version as it is part of the Kenwood radio, so that when you get nagged about an upcoming term, the radio is muted (by default although this can be changed should someone want music on top of the NAV announcements).

Ours came with the fireplace, and about all I can say about it is it is a wife-magnet. Does produce heat, but it can cause issues with a lot of heat in the center of the coach confusing the AC/heating system.

My wife wanted a king-sized bed. I wanted a queen-sized which gives about 6" of extra space on each side. She now wishes we had a queen as well. Bed is certainly comfortable, but a bit difficult to make do to restricted room on the sides. Ton of storage under the king however.

Central vac system really works well, and means one less thing to store.

winegard connect is a nice wifi system that gives you a wireless access point inside the coach that connects to anything in the coach you want, and which connects to the local WIFI network at the CG if they have one. The antenna is on the roof, so it usually has a good line-of-sight to the CG access point which gives a better signal to what is generally a crappy WIFI network. You can go the 4g route if you really want good connectivity. If you have a sim-based 4g phone with unlimited, add another device, plug in the sim card, and you have really good wifi even on the road now.

came with a CB antenna. Doubt I am going to add one. Been there, done that, back in my Ham days in the 60's and 70's. Would be more interesting/useful if there were no cell phones...

Ours came with both convection/microwave, stove and LP oven as well. I pretty much consider the lp oven as useless. Wife really wanted one. Now not so excited as they are pretty small and primitive (has a pilot light, the only device in the coach with one).

The MSRP of this thing was somewhat over $177K so it came with almost everything. Almost too much stuff.

We looked at several different MH brands that had a similar floor plan, kept coming back to the 32SA which was our favorite.

Hope that's not too much information.

The ONLY issue I have had is the TVs. ours came with the optional front TV and the outside TV. With a TV in the bedroom, one above the fireplace in the center, and one up front, it becomes quite interesting just to get 'em all turned off. They are ALL LG TVs, same identical remote controls, and any control will work on any TV. Tiffin has everything so shiny (mirrors everywhere in bedroom, shiny cabinets, stainless fridge, that little infrared LED beam will bounce all over the coach. Wife was watching local over-the-air channel on the roof antenna, son was watching something on dish. Kept hearing complaints (I was at dinette trying to organize the huge bag of documentation that comes with the coach). One changes the channel, the other pops out an expletive wanting to know who changed the channel, or the volume, or turned their TV off. Still working on this one. Some have suggested taping the end of the control leaving a slit for the LED to project in a narrow beam. Probably need to install gunsights on the controls so they can be aimed at the right spot. This can also be the source of lots of amusement if you are so inclined. Think Grumpy Old Men and the tv remote between houses segment.

BTW, I would suggest that you live with it a while before dumping more money on suspension upgrades and such. So far, I'm happy with this 24000 chassis as to how it rides.. Of course, it IS a motorhome, and torsional loads are going to make it rock no matter what you do. It is anything but unpleasant to drive. On my test drive, we went down the interstate and the owner simply held the wheel dead straight for about 3 miles. Regardless of wind (it was a windy day) and 18 wheelers passing us. We turned on to a two lane road and we were not getting pushed around when we met big trucks. I drove it for about 20 miles, and other than mis-judging where I was in the lane since there is no nose sticking out front, I had zero problems. Do everything gently regarding steering and braking and those in the back are as happy as can be.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:14 AM   #18

Bob, as a 32SA wannabe I really appreciate your post. It takes a while to write something like that and is quite helpful for those looking for their next rig.

Thanks again, Dave
Ddjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:31 AM   #19

H

Our 2016 32 SA is a dream compared to the Thor ACE (entry level) we trade in. The only changes I made to the suspension were the Koni shocks (smoothed the pavement joint transitions considerably) and centramatic balancers for just in case. Tire pressure at 100 psi improved the handling/smoothness a bit from the 110 psi the dealer had them at. No safe-t-plus yet, but trucks Nd cross winds don’t create much issue. I had to pass a Jayco Precept that was having trouble staying in his lane recently, so I’m pretty happy with the overall hNdling. I use the far-left burgundy on the dash at the base of the windshield as a marker to keep me centered in my lane....the button “touching” the broken line keeps the coach centered in the lane and lined up with the curb as you go through the narrow toll lanes.

My wife loves the L-shaped couch and uses “her side” as a chaise lounge. Don’t
Like that the pull out bed blocks us from getting to the kitchen/dining area, do the grandkids slept on a blowup bed under the dinette. Residential fridge is far superior to a gas fridge, don’t think I’d ever go back.

We have the dark gray countertops/backsplash upgrade and love it. GPS radio is not terribly trustworthy, though. Don’t have the front TV, and don’t need it. Love the bedroom ceiling fan.

Don’t leave the bathroom door wide open when puttin in the big slide (don’t ask). Wish the BR had a bigger medicine cabinet. We added a second towel bar.

We tow a Chevy Malibu, soon to be a Jeep Wrangler unlimited and mpg is 6.3 to 6.7. Front a/c heat pump works fine, love the fireplace
/heater for those cool mornings when a littl quiet heat is nice while the wife is sleeping in.

Like the drivers door, but almost fell out and grabbed the handle pulling it sideways and pulled it out by the roots. Epoxiied the bolt holes and reinstalled with no further issues.

Overall, we are really happy with this coach. Get a lot of compliments on it. Been from our home in Maryland near DC to Arizona and back - Florida and back, plus a lot of local trips. Good unit.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #20

31sa owned by mr. and mrs. E

mr. e had his 31 sa at the same campground (florida) we were at this week...
i forgot the year, but i think it was a '15
we were all near the coast... i could see his coach, but had trouble catching him there the first day...
i think i surprised him when wife and i walked up and started asking questions..
--
i forgot to ask if he was an irv2 person. so i'll keep his i.d. and home state private. but he was from way up north!
but he gave a great report on his 31sa...
he has done 0 modifications to the suspension... and named off all the states that he had visited...
his biggest complaint was the sofa. he had replaced it.

he and wife invited us to see inside... i declined, but my dw was energetic.. and accepted... it was spotless. he had his toad with him... he gave a great report on his ability to pull the wrangler with the 31sa. it turned out that we had mutual associates.
he gave a full endorsement on our 32sa pending order..
mr, e if you see this, feel free to comment. and add more info!!
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas