Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #1

Greetings & Info Request

First post, been stalking the forums a while.

I'm planning to purchase a Tiffin Phaeton or RED in a year or so. So far I've decided on aqua hot, bath and a half and probably the computer work station, after-market solar, lithium batteries and a few other goodies.

I'd love to hear of your experiences with the Phaeton/RED, aqua hot, solar, your buying experience -- the good, bad and ugly. Did you buy local or not?

We've done a visit to a local dealer, but decided within a few minutes that we'd not be buying from there. We'll be making another visit to a dealer a few hours away this weekend. The big concern was the sales person didn't know how to operate the generator or fantastic fan. But then he'd had no problem asking about our finances and if we were going to be paying cash.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
AaronRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #2

I currently have a RED 37BA on order for pick up in January from Ingram RV in Montgomery. Beth Morang has been responsive, flexible, timely, and thorough. Get quotes from the Big 3 (Davis, Sherman, and Ingram). We order the all electric with Aqua Hot, computer workstation, and the recliner fireplace option. Retiring in February and looking forward to our new life. Best of Luck!!
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #3

We picked up our 37BA a year ago Thursday from Sherman (we live in New England). Love the layout with the bath and a half. Unfortunately the aqua hot was not an option for us but we have no regrets getting the red over the phaeton. IMO you can’t go wrong either way best of luck!
Old 10-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Bought used and local. Mine is all electric so love the AquaHot and not having to deal with the propane. Tough to find anything to complain about with the coach. AquaHot needs to be serviced every year, so find someone competent that you can rely on. Bath and half is a no brainer. The heated floors were a surprising bonus, would not have a coach without them now.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:58 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Not a Tiffin guy but I understand they make great coaches! Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
We traded in our 2016 32SA on a 2016 Allegro Red 38QRA. It had the 360 Cummins and was a pleasure to drive. Had an al electric been an option I would of gone that route. Wound up trading up again to a 2017 Allegro Bus 40SP that we kept for 2 years then traded up again to our 2020 Allegro Bus 45OPP.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:37 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share.

We picked up our 2018 RED 37PA (ordered from Sherman) and love it We traveled over 1000 miles and well worth it.

We also added a third AC unit and sooooo happy we did.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:15 AM   #8

We have '19 Phaeton 40IH, all electric, heated floors, fireplace. Purchased from Marlin Ingram in Montgomery - Beth Morang was a pleasure to work with. She kept us informed and answered all of our questions. Technician who did walk through was very knowledgeable and fixed several minor issues immediately. We ordered in March '19 expecting delivery in late June (16 weeks) but were somewhat surprised for delivery on 30 May. We would buy from MI again.

We just finished a 76 day trip (6700 miles) and had no issues with the coach. We love the Aqua Hot. So far we have had no issues with back to back showers using the electric side. We were in mountains of NM a few weeks ago with temps in low 30s overnight - aqua hot, heated floors, heat pump, and fireplace kept us warm and comfortable (as needed) - did not need to use diesel side of the AH. We had one day/night of dry camping at Goblin State park and had no issues - did turn refrigerator off about 2am, just for some margin. Based on one data point, we would not have any concerns with boondocking for several days.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
I lied we have over 10,000 miles on our 37PA and yes still love it
Old 10-17-2019, 06:51 AM   #10

I too plan on ordering a RED 37pa or 37BA within the next year. Will be following your thread. Don’t know much about aqua hot, but will study it.
F350ms38rssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #11

Traded my 35QBA gasser in on a RED 37BA just over a year ago. I've put on about 4,000 miles and we are .

Rides very nice and handles so much better than my Tiffin gasser. A few minor problems which were not Tiffin's fault, rear A/C freeze switch broke and right now, at this very moment, the generator is getting re-installed after throwing a magnet. All in all, wonderful motorhome and the wife loves the bath and a half.

PS
Aqua hot not available for my model year. Love the residential fridge but I'm still coming in from the dark ages and have no problem with propane. I do believe aqua hot would be more quiet and for sure gives all the hot water you could want but it does take up some storage room below and has annual maintenance requirements. Starting in 2020 RED's have controls on the steering wheels which I like, but not enough to trade up for.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:10 PM   #12

Sounds like your very happy w/ your choice. Actually just test drove a 40IH recently, nice. I too will go all electric. Ingram sounds like a very good dealership to purchase from, I've heard discounts from 25 - 30% off MSRP, is that actuate?
Happy travels
springer0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:10 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes. Discounts at the big three run about 28%