Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
HDMI access

We have a 2014 Phaeton QBH and was wondering if there is a way to access the back of any of the TVs to install a HDMI cable, preferably the front tv. The TVs are Panasonic
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
srh

Newmar Owners Club
I used to have an 07 Bus. To access the TV mount you had to go through the side cabinets. Your best bet would be to call Tiffin Service Department. They usually are very helpful.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have an 09 so it might be completely different than your 14, but just in case it might help.

On mine there is a steel plate attached to the wood frame of opening to the front cap. There is then a matching plate mounted to the back of the TV.

The top of the of plate attached to the wood frame has an upward bent section, and the TV has a downward bent section that when married hold the upper part of the TV in place.

The bottom of the frame plate and the TV have a section with a 90° bend. The TV swings from the top and the bottom bend of the TV sits on top of the bottom frame plate. There should be some screws (mine has two) at that bottom plate to secure the two pieces.

If you have some wood trim around the TV, look in the cabinets on either side of the TV for screws as the previous poster suggested.

HTH
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:44 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the replies I will check that out I think mine is behind panels like you said
Old 12-09-2015, 06:51 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Most of the TVs are mounted with an opposing J hook system. You remove a few screws at the bottom of the TV mount and the whole TV lifts straight up and off.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Luvlabs
I'm not trying to remove the TV I'm only trying to hook up an HDMI cable to the back of the TV
Old 12-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Luvlabs
I'm not trying to remove the TV I'm only trying to hook up an HDMI cable to the back of the TV
If you got it removed like Luvlabs said.
It should be easy to install the HDMI cable and reinstall the TV.
The connection could be on the back or the side of the TV.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't know what TV's the '14 Phaeton came with, but the main LG TV in our 15 has HDMI inputs on the side accessible without removing the TV. If it's the LG, look on the left side as you face the TV and you'll see a series of inputs including USB and HDMI. Any of the other TVs will probably require removing it as previously stated.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Luvlabs
Bill,

The HDMI conncetions are in the top left corner (or top right, its been awile) behind the screen on the Panasonic TVs. So if you want to plug in an HDMI cable to one of the three available inputs, you will need to remove the TV.

It really isn't that hard to do.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
The TV wall mounts have access to the hold down screws on three sides LH, RH and bottom. Only one side is used. The one you have access to. Our front TV has the bottom clear, with trim blocking both sides. Salon and BR TV's have one side accessible. The wall mounts are same on all the TV's. Loosen screws and lift TV off fixed mount and add/remove cables while holding. Most wall mounted TV's have no access from behind.
Our four Pan TV's have a second set of cable outlets on the LH side. Which may not be accessible in all mounts configurations.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:13 PM   #11

We have the same coach, year and TV's however we do not have the TV over the dash. The other three TV's all have HDMI outlets on the side of all tv's.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:06 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's really no big deal to take these TVs down. There are only the two screws locking them. They don;t weigh a heck of a lot. It does help to have a helper to hold while you undo and redo cables. Since the TVs are mounted flush to the wall with only enough opening to get the cables through, it is much easier to take 'em down.

Wife and I just took both LR sets down to add/change cable connections - I have a unit that takes the digital optical feed and routs it to a box that uses bluetooth to reach my hearing aids. I have my own volume control without driving the wife nuts. Needed to get at the back of the rear set to plug it in. Took 5 minutes including locating the socket head I needed to undo the screws.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:59 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Everyone thanks for all the help on this HDMI cable install I think I got it now