Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2022, 04:04 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
HDMI switch

I need help, I have a 2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH. My 4x1 splitter power died. I see a lot of threads on splitters using cat cable. Mine is not that new being 2012. Does anyone have a source for a power plug or a better 4x1 splitter? Thank you.
Fathermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2022, 04:35 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had the same problem. There are several on Amazon that are available.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 04:38 PM   #3

Does the splitter have any power? NO? Is it powered by a plugin transformer (power puck) or direct wired into a harness? If a power puck, you need a 5volt/4amp transformer/power puck, available on Amazon.
If splitter has power and is from a puck type, need to check output witha multimeter to see if it is putting out 5-5.4 volts. If less, need the above-mentioned puck.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:51 PM   #4

What you need is a splitter/extender. I believe this one is compatible, i.e., you probably won't need to replace the remote units at the TVs unless you want to.

OREI 1x4 HDMI Extender Splitter Multiple Over Single Cable CAT6/7 1080P with IR Remote EDID Management - Up to 165 Ft - Loop Out - Low Latency - Full Support https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQPHG1R/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_3D5AAH3MV6XY6VXD2WA3
dssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssl View Post
What you need is a splitter/extender. I believe this one is compatible, i.e., you probably won't need to replace the remote units at the TVs unless you want to.

OREI 1x4 HDMI Extender Splitter Multiple Over Single Cable CAT6/7 1080P with IR Remote EDID Management - Up to 165 Ft - Loop Out - Low Latency - Full Support https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQPHG1R...3MV6XY6VXD2WA3

No. The OP system is from 2012. I don’t believe Tiffin had changed to the HDMI over Cat 6 system till later years.
gandl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:31 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've a replaced HDMI splitter from Tripplite in my 2011 Phaeton 40QTH.

Ensure it's the splitter. I have a bad hdmi cable from front AV cabinet to the splitter in the basement. By-passed it with a wireless hdmi setup from IOGear. Has been working great for several years.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:22 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Smith View Post
I had the same problem. There are several on Amazon that are available.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:26 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Does the splitter have any power? NO? Is it powered by a plugin transformer (power puck) or direct wired into a harness? If a power puck, you need a 5volt/4amp transformer/power puck, available on Amazon.
If splitter has power and is from a puck type, need to check output witha multimeter to see if it is putting out 5-5.4 volts. If less, need the above-mentioned puck.
Yes I checked it and it does not have power. That is why i am replacing it. BYW mine is 2.5 amps.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssl View Post

OREI 1x4 HDMI Extender Splitter Multiple Over Single Cable CAT6/7 1080P with IR Remote EDID Management - Up to 165 Ft - Loop Out - Low Latency - Full Support https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQPHG1R...3MV6XY6VXD2WA3
No, mine is not a cat 5 or 6 equipped system.
Old 04-18-2022, 09:28 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I've a replaced HDMI splitter from Tripplite in my 2011 Phaeton 40QTH.

Ensure it's the splitter. I have a bad hdmi cable from front AV cabinet to the splitter in the basement. By-passed it with a wireless hdmi setup from IOGear. Has been working great for several years.
Ty but it is not the cable.
Old 04-18-2022, 11:06 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathermo View Post
Thank you.
I think when I put mine in I had to have the switch in the "B" position. If you find it does not work tech support will get you going in less than 5 minutes . . . Ask me how I know . . . They were very knowledgeable
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch