Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2022, 10:42 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Headlights -- 2007 Allegro Bay 35TSB

I am on a quest to find the headlight/lamp that goes on the 2007 Allegro Bay 35TSB. This is what the front looks like:
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221205_163515.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	382323

The outside is the lowbeam, mid is high beam, and of course the orange is the marker/turn light.

I am looking for the low beam bulb. But when I do a search for it, this, or similar item, pops up every time. This doesn't even fit or retrofit this chassis.

Name:   Tiffin 2007-2008 headlight assy.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  7.1 KB

I finally found something on the Tiffin site (Why do they make stuff so hard to find, lights of any kind should be under 'lights' not 'front cap parts'...anyway) This is what I found on Tiffin:

Name:	26295_lim.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	382325

I believe that this is the bulb/light for this, but there are no other pictures of the light. Just this head on picture...no side shots, not even a description. I haven't removed the old bulb yet as there is absolutely no online discussion, directions, video, smoke signals, describing what is what and how to take it apart. This is what I am seeing behind the front cap:

Name:	20221206_155910.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	382326Click image for larger version

Name:	20221206_155914.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	382327
The unplugged one is the lowbeam, the other is the hibeam for reference of what it looked like before I pulled the wire cap off.

On the red part of the housing, there are 3 phillips screws that I believe is what holds the light in. But I am a bit nervous about removing them, taking it apart, and then realizing that I have screwed something up. If the round light with the square housing is the correct light (or looks like the one) they are 260.00+ from Tiffin parts. And I am not going to order one until I know for certain that it is the right one.

Any help would be appreciated...I hope that my pics and explanation is clear, if not, let me know and I will try to make it better. Right now I just feel like this

Thanks in advance, and I'll see you around the forums.
SonnyInPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2022, 07:51 AM   #2

Just Google "Hella 90mm". I believe that is the basic lights you're dealing with. Hella makes them in about every imaginable variety. They've also been knocked off by lesser known companies, like Hamsar. Seem to find non-Hella ones on lots of motorhomes.

What are you trying to do? Sounds like you want to replace the whole thing? The bulb just unclips from the back, if that's all you're trying to do. Pulling the bulb may be required to identify the type of housing you have.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:54 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks for the help...

I am just trying to replace the low beam bulb...I figured that once I got under there, it would be a simple "unplug, twist, and remove" like some other types of lights. But once I started looking, it didn't appear that way. I will have to crawl under there again so that I can get a better look at it. I have looked through every section of the owner's manual, chassis manual, and the wiring diagram manual that I got from my father in law, and no where does it say anything about what type of bulb is in it.

Heck, I didn't even know it was possibly a Hella 90MM bulb. Like I said, absolutely nothing in the manual. I did send an email the Tiffin concerning this, but have received nothing back.

My next attempt is to call them and see what I can get.

I'll update as I get more for those who are as clueless about it as I am.

Take care and be safe out there.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:48 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
If you look at your 155910 pic, the spring clip holds the bulb in. Undo it and the bulb will pull out. I think it probably is a halogen bulb. Standard stuff from an auto store.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:03 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Eureka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
If you look at your 155910 pic, the spring clip holds the bulb in. Undo it and the bulb will pull out. I think it probably is a halogen bulb. Standard stuff from an auto store.
I went back over and crawled under the cap and using a little more light on the subject, I did find that there were clips holding the bulb in. Mind you, I read your post after I had taken a second look, but you were right on the money about the clips. Thank you very much!

The bulb is an H1 12v 55W bulb...And at a very much more welcoming price. I am seeing anywhere from $5 bucks to $53 for the super sabre, fancy dancy, Hi end bulbs (probably much better as generally you get what you pay for).

This definitely makes my day.

Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2022, 08:23 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It's all about paying it forward. Share your knowledge & skills with someone down the line.

Glad you were able to find your solution.

Tags
2007, allegro, headlight, headlights, light, lights