Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2019, 06:54 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Headlights are horrible, need a solution?

We are still newbies and spent a few nights night driving, we try to avoid it but couldn't this trip, and our headlights are almost useless. In fact, we have automatic high beams and when they are turned on, the driving lights turn off. We see more with the high beams off. Would appreciate a link or part number for better headlights, maybe an entire new assembly? Have to change something.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #2

Heres post of what I recommend if u need more info let me know:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f109/head...ml#post4565187
Old 01-03-2019, 09:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_C View Post
Heres post of what I recommend if u need more info let me know:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f109/head...ml#post4565187
I did a search for Beamtech H1 reviews and they didn't sound good. I'm still looking too, but don't think I'll be considering these. Maybe other bulb types are better, but the H1 reviews pretty well sucked.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
First try adjusting the beam of the headlights. Find a flat 100' area and adjust the low beams so the top of the beam hits the ground about 100' out and aimed slightly to the right. There are adjustment screws on the back of the headlight assemblies. The headlight assemblies are installed and never adjusted and chances are they are too low. Also, keep in mind that you are sitting well above the beam of the light and it won't look the same as in a car.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:25 AM   #5

I don't own a Tiffin, but the title of your post caught my attention. FWIW I recently upgraded the headlights in my MH to LEDs manufactured by JW Speaker. The results were nothing short of remarkable.

They make complete DOT compliant LED replacement fixtures in many sizes and configurations. They may offer one to fit your motor coach.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
I don't own a Tiffin, but the title of your post caught my attention. FWIW I recently upgraded the headlights in my MH to LEDs manufactured by JW Speaker. The results were nothing short of remarkable.

They make complete DOT compliant LED replacement fixtures in many sizes and configurations. They may offer one to fit your motor coach.
Can you give me a specific web site for what you used, or where you found them? The JW Speaker web site is VERY difficult to navigate. I'm looking to upgrade the lights in my 2013 Allegro Bus which uses 2002-2004 Acura RSX off the shelf headlight assemblies.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
I did a search for Beamtech H1 reviews and they didn't sound good. I'm still looking too, but don't think I'll be considering these. Maybe other bulb types are better, but the H1 reviews pretty well sucked.
I have 4 sets one in each of my vehicles and couldn’t be happier. I buy the new fanless design ithink most if the bad reviews were the older design with a cooling fan.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:52 PM   #8

I'm with Lt. Dan, I re-aimed my headlights shortly after driving the first time after dark. It made all the difference in the world.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Can you give me a specific web site for what you used, or where you found them? The JW Speaker web site is VERY difficult to navigate. I'm looking to upgrade the lights in my 2013 Allegro Bus which uses 2002-2004 Acura RSX off the shelf headlight assemblies.
I used the 8700 series, but that is a pretty special housing in your rig. I could not find anything on JW speaker's website like that. I was wrongly figuring that your rig would use "bus style" lighting, for which they have a pretty good selection.

If you don't have an alignment issue, you could take a look at a Morimoto HID upgrade. Take a look at them here: 2003 Acura RSX (Halogen Equipped) HID & LED Headlight Kits & Upgrades

I don't know about their dot compliance, but Morimoto makes a pretty good product.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
I used the 8700 series, but that is a pretty special housing in your rig. I could not find anything on JW speaker's website like that. I was wrongly figuring that your rig would use "bus style" lighting, for which they have a pretty good selection.

If you don't have an alignment issue, you could take a look at a Morimoto HID upgrade. Take a look at them here: 2003 Acura RSX (Halogen Equipped) HID & LED Headlight Kits & Upgrades

I don't know about their dot compliance, but Morimoto makes a pretty good product.
Thank you. That's what I was looking for.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:47 PM   #11

I switched to hids from xenonhids.com. Very happy with low beam. First time to high beam they take a few secs to get to full power, but otherwise I have no complaints. Much better than leds.
texoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #12

We have 36la and i installed beam tech led from amazon for low and high, its great for the price im very happy!
RideAHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:59 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideAHD View Post
We have 36la and i installed beam tech led from amazon for low and high, its great for the price im very happy!
Do you have a link for the LEDs you installed?
How was the install? Any issues or mods needed or were they plug-n-play.
techdad55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #14

Sorry, Beamtech 9005 LED headlight 50W 6500K 8000 lumans and Beamtech H11
One is hi beam and one is low beam, 37.00 each per set amazon
Plug and play
RideAHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight, light, lights