Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2020, 08:45 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Heated Flooring

I know this may be a silly question, but for those of you who have heated floors, is it worth the cost? We are looking over price sheets and the option for the heated floor on the Phaeton is a little over 5K. We are not full timers, yes we will use the coach in the winter (our current Gas model does not have heated floors). Also Tiffin is adding electronic stability control/Auto traction control on the 2021 Phaeton. From the video it appears to keep you stable if you swerve or turn to sharp in excess speed. The cost is about $2300 but it is new to the Phaeton, and in all honesty I don't really know if it works or is worth the additional cost. If anyone has experience with this would love to hear it. I dont mind spending the money if they are useful, but I just dont know, and could use some advice. Also any must have options, or things that are a waste, I am all ears.

Thanks
KC593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2020, 08:52 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Where do you live?
Is your current coach mostly carpeted, or mostly ceramic tile, like mine?

If I were to buy another coach, I would want heated floors!
Old 05-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Where do you live?

If I were to buy another coach, I would want heated floors!
We live in AZ but do plan to use the coach across the country
Old 05-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Our bus came with the heated floors. Thought it was going to be a waste of money. After using it this past January and February we love it. It takes a while to get up to temperature but once it does it pretty much heats the entire coach and no noise from any fans or blowers. I would definitely recommend it.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
5K for silent, radiant heat. I think it's worth it, but I live 2000 mi north of you!

Think of the options. They are all noise and or stink makers! I like my Aqua-Hot, but if your parked close by, on my drivers side, your going to smell spent diesel!!

Some say these electric fireplaces do a decent job though.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Heck yeah the heated floors are worth the cost. Those porcelain floors are witch's butt cold without them. And, as previously pointed out, it's *silent* heat. I would not have a tiled floor without it. Can't answer about the control option, sorry.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC593 View Post
I know this may be a silly question, but for those of you who have heated floors, is it worth the cost? We are looking over price sheets and the option for the heated floor on the Phaeton is a little over 5K. We are not full timers, yes we will use the coach in the winter (our current Gas model does not have heated floors).
Thanks
Having owned a coach with tile floors without heated floors and now having the heated floors with ceramic tile, I wouldn't want to own one without it. As mentioned, it's silent, odorless and will help keep the coach warmer in the winter. It's really nice putting a bare foot down on that nice, warm floor when it's cold. The cost isn't cheap and I know all the options add up, but I wouldn't go too cheap since it's going to be "home" and you'll be using it quite a bit I'm sure. Can't help with the steer/stability control but if it would make the MH safer to drive, I'd consider it. I had the tire bands installed on my rig, not sure they're worth the price but any edge you can gain if faced with a front blow out is a plus. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2020, 10:49 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jkorn
The heated floors if left on over night keep the chill off the coach at night and are sooooo nice in the morning on many nights when you don’t have to run the aguahot.

I’m really glad ours came with them. A great resale factor if nothing else.

Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:19 AM   #9
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Wouldn't have it any other way. Get the heated floors for sure.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:27 AM   #10
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
We wrestled with the cost like you when we ordered our coach and initially didn't include it in the order. We added the heated floors before production began and are SO glad we did. Most of the time all the heat we need is from the floors and fireplace, even down in the 20s.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:35 AM   #11

GEEESSSS....whatever happened to just camping out????? [smile]
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:38 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
GEEESSSS....whatever happened to just camping out????? [smile]
If I wanted to camp out I wouldn't be driving this motorhome.

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Hojo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC593 View Post
I know this may be a silly question, but for those of you who have heated floors, is it worth the cost? We are looking over price sheets and the option for the heated floor on the Phaeton is a little over 5K. We are not full timers, yes we will use the coach in the winter (our current Gas model does not have heated floors). Also Tiffin is adding electronic stability control/Auto traction control on the 2021 Phaeton. From the video it appears to keep you stable if you swerve or turn to sharp in excess speed. The cost is about $2300 but it is new to the Phaeton, and in all honesty I don't really know if it works or is worth the additional cost. If anyone has experience with this would love to hear it. I dont mind spending the money if they are useful, but I just dont know, and could use some advice. Also any must have options, or things that are a waste, I am all ears.

Thanks
Where are you getting the information about the 2021 Phaeton? Where is the video? Is it available online or did you get it from a dealer?
Hojo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hojo2000 View Post
Where are you getting the information about the 2021 Phaeton? Where is the video? Is it available online or did you get it from a dealer?
I received it from the dealer, online they are still only showing the 2020 information.

Tags
floor, flooring, heat