Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2023, 06:46 AM   #1

Helm/Entry carpet suggestion

I'm 4 days in to ownership of a 2017 40 AH. So far so good... have a long punch list of course and some wish list items. On the wish list side, can anyone refer me to a vendor that makes a pre-cut carpet solution for the entry and captains chair area? Not looking for 70s shag but rather a low pile / low profile that can be vacuumed clean easily.

I saw a youtube vid where someone had a nice looking custom piece that traps dirty shoes as people enter the coach. They referred to the vendor but I cant find the video now.

Thanks in advance.
npberube is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2023, 07:10 AM   #2

Most carpet stores/installers can make that up for you out of any carpet you choose. Just double sided tape it down, or as far as floor mats in front of driver and passenger chairs go, just lay them down.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 07:12 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Most carpet stores/installers can make that up for you out of any carpet you choose. Just double sided tape it down, or as far as floor mats in front of driver and passenger chairs go, just lay them down.
Yep and they can usually make it out of scraps. All it takes is the machine to put the border on it.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 07:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by npberube View Post
I'm 4 days in to ownership of a 2017 40 AH. So far so good... have a long punch list of course and some wish list items. On the wish list side, can anyone refer me to a vendor that makes a pre-cut carpet solution for the entry and captains chair area? Not looking for 70s shag but rather a low pile / low profile that can be vacuumed clean easily.

I saw a youtube vid where someone had a nice looking custom piece that traps dirty shoes as people enter the coach. They referred to the vendor but I cant find the video now.

Thanks in advance.
Trevor Nichols in Red Bay makes custom carpet covers for the front end and inside entry steps. They are excellent, reasonably priced and very easy to install.

He does a lot of other custom work but I only have first hand experience with the carpeting.

Here's a link to his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/people/Nich...0057604862617/

The likely minor cost savings of doing it yourself may not be worth the frustration.

Sam
Old 01-29-2023, 07:54 AM   #5
Community Moderator

I used these guys Contact to make a runner and cockpit carpet for my motorhome (AquaMat® AquaWeave® Evolution with AquaLoc® Black Pearl) and for my power boat flybridge and sundieck from a template I made. The AquaMat backing does not slip.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:24 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by npberube View Post

Thanks in advance.

If your planning a trip to Red Bay there are several vendors that do excellent work.

There is one vendor just down the street from the Tiffin campground that made carpet for our steps. Excellent work.
jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:09 AM   #7

Daniel Humphries made one for our (previous) 36 LA and mailed to us. Fit was good.
Daniel Humphries RV Carpet (MS RV Solutions)
Address: 4873 Fairview Banner Rd, Golden, MS 38847
Phone: (256) 324-0457
AllegroD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:17 AM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Another vote for Trevor Nichols. Just order over the phone. Good carpet great guy.

HH
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:55 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
A third vote for Trevor Nichols. His mats are perfect fit and very high quality. Ours are six years old and still look brand new. He makes a full set with a cockpit area mat and step covers. All he needs is your year and model since he has templates for all Tiffins. He is the one just down from the service center.

Nichols Customs
Trevor Nichols
1012 4th St. NW
Carpet, upholstery, lighting, cockpit mats, step
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:16 AM   #10

Thanks for all the info. When i was younger i would have done it myself. Now time is the commodity. And since I want it done right... I'll be calling Nichols. Ha
Old 01-30-2023, 04:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKVA View Post
Trevor Nichols in Red Bay makes custom carpet covers for the front end and inside entry steps. They are excellent, reasonably priced and very easy to install.

He does a lot of other custom work but I only have first hand experience with the carpeting.

Here's a link to his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/people/Nich...0057604862617/

The likely minor cost savings of doing it yourself may not be worth the frustration.

Sam
This link saved me a lot of time. Sent Trevor a msg. Thanks
Old 02-07-2023, 05:38 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Carpet for phaeton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKVA View Post

Sam
Sam's suggestions were excellent. Trevor did ours well with reaching out
trdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:35 PM   #13

Trevor made inside step covers for us. For the outside steps we use Safety Step Covers. They are like heavy duty astroturf. Helps get sand and dirt off before getting inside.

Tags
carpet