Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2021, 11:04 PM   #1

Hot water loop on Allegro Red 38LL

my 2021 38LL fits my needs well, but there are a few places I go that I Boondock without any hookups. I found that the hot water to the kitchen and back bath take much too long to make the trip. This results in lost water to the drain.
I have since installed a hot water loop. Since the water is initially pumped from the tank to the very back of the coach in order to supply the on-demand water heater, the hot water then must travel back to the middle of the coach where it supplies a manifold. The hot water is then pumped all the way back to the back of the coach for the back bath! This ended up taking nearly 1-1/2 minutes to get warm water to the shower.
I found the hot water supply line going to the back bath located above the water tank.
I then researched and found an automatic valve that would close at 95 degrees F.
I spliced the hot water supply line and installed a tee. I then installed a manual isolation valve, then the automatic valve. I routed the line to feed back into the gravity flow line so that the water would return to the tank.
Now, when saving water is a concern, I open the valve and let the hot water line preheat until the automatic valve closes. It now takes only 25 seconds for the shower to get warm enough to use, and the kitchen sink takes 15 seconds.
The valve was a little expensive but worth it to me. It's made by Thermomegatech and is a HAT valve. I got the 1/2 inch valve that closes at 95 degrees F and opens at 85 degrees F.
I'll try to attach photos.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211022_154614.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	346920Attachment 346918Attachment 346919
Treetopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
allegro, hot water, water