Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
KSD

How much cargo weight can a 2017 36LA w/24k chassis

Hello all, I am new the forum (been lurking for awhile). Looking closely at purchasing a 2017 36LA on the 24K chassis... I am trying to find out what is the amount cargo weight that I can carry? Any help would be greatly appreciated ... maybe someone could post the sticker mounted in your wardrobe with your weight info. Thanks !
KSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2019, 10:46 PM   #2
KSD

Anyone know the base weight or the curb weight of 36LA on the 24k chassis?
Old 11-09-2019, 11:38 PM   #3

mine is about 2000 #

the more options you add the lower the number...
stove?
washer/dryer?

etc...
weights add up...
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #4
KSD

Thanks friend I appreciate the response!
Old 11-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You have a door sticker and one in a closet or cabinet that will give you all of the information you need. These documents will have your GVWR, GCWR, CCC, etc. Load your unit as you would when you are using it and take it to a CAT scale. You will get all the information you need to see if you have any load capacity left, axle weights to calculate your tire pressures, and how much you can tow. 5 minutes and $11 and you are far further ahead then asking others.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:26 AM   #6

additional encouragement:
i had a 32sa and at a rally, suspension speaker discussed ride and handling with certain chassis options...
i had ordered my 32sa with the 24k chassis. standard was the 22k. and commented that it rode rough.
one of his comments was that on any truck chassis, the stiffer ride would come with the higher weight capability because of the extra leaf springs... made a lot of sense to me..

remembering this and finding a good deal on a 36la with the 24k. (not the 26k option) we bought it... our 36la rides better!! part of this is probably because our wheelbase is 2' longer...
Old 11-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #7
KSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
You have a door sticker and one in a closet or cabinet that will give you all of the information you need. These documents will have your GVWR, GCWR, CCC, etc. Load your unit as you would when you are using it and take it to a CAT scale. You will get all the information you need to see if you have any load capacity left, axle weights to calculate your tire pressures, and how much you can tow. 5 minutes and $11 and you are far further ahead then asking others.
Thank you for the info ... All good advice.

But I have not purchased yet... so I can’t load it etc; as advised above but I will be able to lay eyes on the weight sticker this week when I do my initial inspection of the unit. Just trying to figure a close approx cargo capacity to know whether to pull the trigger on 24k or look at the 26k.

Thanks again for your input.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #8
KSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
additional encouragement:
i had a 32sa and at a rally, suspension speaker discussed ride and handling with certain chassis options...
i had ordered my 32sa with the 24k chassis. standard was the 22k. and commented that it rode rough.
one of his comments was that on any truck chassis, the stiffer ride would come with the higher weight capability because of the extra leaf springs... made a lot of sense to me..

remembering this and finding a good deal on a 36la with the 24k. (not the 26k option) we bought it... our 36la rides better!! part of this is probably because our wheelbase is 2' longer...
👍🏼 That will be a good thing... hopefully we can fit our stuff and have a little room (weight wise) left over ...

I am thinking we will probably have about 650lbs (after 1/3 water for travel, LP gas, passenger weight, tongue weight, and adding washer combo) left for.... clothing, books, tools, food, outdoor gear (lawn chairs, pop up, grill etc)
I hope that is enough room.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #9

Get the CLASS LiquidSpring option. You will not be sorry.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #10

weight?

somehow weigh the items you discussed...
example... grab an armload of clothes... step on household scales...
fill two large boxes of groceries and pots/pans... set them on scales.
grab 4 lawn chairs/hose/outdoor mat step on scales...
and keep going... toolbox? blankets/towels etc... spare parts.. my tool box is small... some mechanic types carry huge load of tools..
add it up.
i think you are close to your 650...

we primarily travel local trips and pack accordingly...
if we planned to go fulltime... i'd recommend the 26... the fulltimers i've met and those that take cross country trips that last for months pack a lot more stuff... carry more water occasionally... if that is you, find a 26...

Tags
chassis, weight