Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2015, 07:33 AM   #1

How to Find Correct Replacement Parts?

This is more of a general question, triggered by an actual need. I need to replace a broken internal cover (garnish?) for one of the vents in our 2011 35QBA unit. However, I have no real idea how to figure out the exact part we need, without asking Tiffin directly. Is it possible to get a list of all the components used in our rig, or do I really just have to strain looking at little pictures on random websites, hoping I see something that looks right?
Ropetin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If it's an off-the-shelf type item, you can usually find it on the Internet. If it's a custom made piece, you could try RV salvage yards. As a last resort, go back to the MH manufacturer (if they are still in business).

For your specific vent issue, if you would post a photo, that would be a tremendous help.
CadillLinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #3

Thank you for the help! I've attached a photo, but it might be kind of hard to see with the contrast of the bright Florida sun. It's the bit that goes around and up, you'll notice how it is broken around the screw holes. Not an important thing at all, just the kind of thing that drives me nuts when I'm sat down at night!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151215_104254.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	114222  
Old 12-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetin View Post
Thank you for the help! I've attached a photo, but it might be kind of hard to see with the contrast of the bright Florida sun. It's the bit that goes around and up, you'll notice how it is broken around the screw holes. Not an important thing at all, just the kind of thing that drives me nuts when I'm sat down at night!
Ropetin
Me thinks you will find what you need for that roof vent here: PartsDiagram Fantastic vent fan
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetin View Post
FWIW, Nothing in your photo except the ceiling itself was made by Tiffin.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:52 AM   #6

Ropetin, looks like a Fantastic Fan-for parts, call their customer service; likely they will ship the part to you at no cost. Measure the depth of the trim, they make a 'deep' version for thicker roofs. Best customer service in the business.Fan-Tastic Vent's Contact Us
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
FWIW, Nothing in your photo except the ceiling itself was made by Tiffin.

AND me thinks Tiffin bought the ceiling material from someone else.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #8

Awesome, thank you everybody. I'll give them a call and see what they say!
Old 12-17-2015, 11:55 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just for peace of mind in the future, I have called Tiffin directly several times about parts that may or may not be Tiffin made. Each time they have known what I needed for MY coach - gave them the last 6 of my VIN. They have mostly had the parts in stock and shipped them out at prices comparable to what I would have paid on Amazon after delivery. Several times they have shipped them no cost under extended warranty.

They are easy to reach and generally quite helpful, also your best source of information for your specific coach, even if you are not the original owner.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, parts, replace, replacement