Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2015, 10:43 AM   #1

how to remove microwave

The microwave in my 1999 allegro does not work. It is getting power because the light goed on. They are so cheap I want to replace it but how do i get the damn thing out. Took off the framing, can lift it in front but it seems to be attached or at least held in place by some type of brace that runs the whole width of the cabinet. i certainly can not get my hands in there.

Any help would be gresatly apprecciated
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Can you push up the rear of the oven next to the wall ? They usually rest on a hidden metal plate with 1/2" long tabs which go into slots in the oven. Raising up by 1/2" or so usually lets the tabs come out of the slot. Bolts also usually come down from the cabinet above and hold up the front.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #3

I can see the metal brace you are talking about. Can't get in there with enoough leverage. I will have to find sometype of pry bar I can get in there to lift the back
Old 06-25-2015, 07:25 AM   #4

microwave removal

hope this helps if i can of further assistance yell .on my 1999 34 foot there are two long slender bolts going up on an angle from lower front.
hbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:34 AM   #5

Typically, cabinet mounted microwaves are hung on a metal bracket in the rear wall and then the front is supported by two large screws that come down through from the cabinet above the microwave. Open up the cabinet above and you should find the screws. Cut a piece of wood (or find a strong friend) to hold up the front of the microwave. Remove the screws and then swing down the front of the unit. Unplug the unit and then lift off the rear from the hanging plate. Good luck.
borntofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
2009 Phaeton does not have a cabinet above to allow access to the top. There is a wooden panel above that does not move. Is there a way to get to the top screws without breaking the wood?
KarenRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Take of the trim piece above the door (also gives you access to the fan). Tiffin has added two long screws there to secure the front of the microwave.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:17 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Talking

In our 2009 Phaeton, with no cabinet above, removing the microwave vent cover at the top allowed us to remove 3 screws Tiffin had placed through the metal, into the wooden panel at the top. Then we were able to loosen the screws from the bottom that attach it to the rear metal support plate. We installed the new Microwave just like Tiffin had done.
KarenRS is offline   Reply With Quote