Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #1

HWH 625 series leverer problems

My 05 Allegro Open Road has series 625 leveling. The rear jacks work fine but the front have both developed problems. At first the right front would not extend but the left front would but it would not retract. I was able to pry it up but have since found the release nut on its solenoid which retracted the jack. Now neither extend. The red light on the control panel comes on and goes off as per the operator's manual when lowering and storing the rear jacks but there is no red light action when pushing the up button for the front jacks. I hear the pump working when I push the buttons but nothing happens. do these solenoids have fuses somewhere? Any advise on this will be appreciated. Also I can't seem to land on a good HWH trouble shooting site. Got any good ones? Thanks
Dennisccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #2

If the individual solenoids, each have a fuse it should be detailed in your manual, my 310 series they do , and from the one time I helped a neighbor with a 625 , I believe they are on the, master control board.

Retraction issues can be problems with dirt on the shafts or the springs .
I'm not sure what year that HWH changed up the return springs . But here's a file on identifying them .
I still have the 625 manual in my computer and I'll look through fro any further ideas.
EDIT: There are individual 15 amp fuses for the solenoids on the control board , the exact location of the board on your coach , would be a question for Tiffin , if you haven't found it already.
www.hwhcorp.com
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH jack maintenance.pdf (16.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: pdf HWH jack & spring info.pdf (8.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisccs View Post
My 05 Allegro Open Road has series 625 leveling. T............... Any advise on this will be appreciated. Also I can't seem to land on a good HWH trouble shooting site. Got any good ones? Thanks

Here, let me help you with that....here is a link, just click on the link ------->. LMGTFY
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:31 AM   #4
Commercial Member

its very hard if not impossible to do a diagnosis on your system without a service manual. i have worked on all hwh systems since 1973 and i use the manuals extensively. im not to proud to admit i dont know something.
the manual has all the wire identifications, as well as the fuse locations and led locations and functions.
it will answer about 99 percent of your questions. if i can help, please call me at 602-549-3638. paul maddox
i work for hwh corp. i do not solicit service work, sell parts or systems on this forum.
btw, a blown fuse is a symptom of a problem., not a cause. replacing a fuse does not solve the problem unless its corroded.
one of your problems is more than likely a shorted hydraulic solenoid which is normally caused by one jack cylinder not retracting fully. see how that seems to cascade down the line?. there are several symptoms caused by one problem, the cylinder.
many just keep prying the cylinder up, but that will in the long run cost more money than just fixing it right away.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, hwh, problems