Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2021, 04:48 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Hydraulic Slides Creeping Out

I have a 2022 Allegro Open Road 34PA and my two front slides are creeping out and leveling jacks creep down. This is not an HWH system, Tiffin went with Lippert for 2022 Open Road.
Dealer has replaced hydraulic pump but still does it, they claim solenoids are good but I have my doughts!
Anybody else with a 2022 have any problems? And does anybody have any ideas?
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2021, 05:12 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you discussed with Tiffin tech support directly? If not, suggest to do so.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 09:08 AM   #3

The Lippert slide creep is a hot topic on the Facebook Tiffin Open Road forum. Lots of thoughts as to the cause but no solution as of yet. Have it on my '22 34PA. I contacted Tiffin and they took my VIN # to log the issue. Will also contact Lippert. Several folks that have contacted Lippert stated that Lippert rep acts as if they've never heard of this issue before.
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 09:41 AM   #4

Could also be trapped air from improper bleeding.

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:03 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
My slide creeping out ended up being the two valves inside the cylinder failing. Since they were internal there was no leakage to see outside of the system. I did the process to rid the system of air a few times, but that wasn’t the root problem. The tech removed the hydraulic cylinder/ram and took it to a hydraulic shop for testing. They can test and tell pretty quickly. They opened up and replaced the valves the same day and we reinstalled the next. Cost me $180 versus possibly weeks or months waiting for a new one given supply chain issues.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:20 AM   #6

Talked to tiffin today. They said there was a change in the connection from compression fitting to o ring on the Lippert. He said they were over tightening and crushing the o ring.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #7

Change is good, right??? wonder if moving to the Lippert from the HWH is pat of the new Thor ownership, looking for ways to cut cost and increase profit? I love the Tiffin product line, but if I was in the market right now, I think Id hesitate on buying new until things sort out with the new ownership and production process.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 01:52 PM   #8

Tiffin Open Road slide drift

My new 2022 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34PA has experienced hydraulic slide drift from day one. Usually 4-6 inches and so far only while in storage. It's a Lippert hydraulic system.
** There is a May 31 2022 recall for this exact issue and today my dealer ordered those new cylinders. In the meantime, I'm shopping for slide "locks" to manually stop this.

Incidentally, an entire Lippert hydraulic pump was also ordered under warranty due to leaks. I now keep a flat moving box with bricks beneath it to catch fluid.
Further; one slide extends while jacks are auto-leveling, retracts while jacks retract. The other slide extends while the first is being extended.

These hydraulic systems are messy, unreliable and often break down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220609_102417.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	367939  
RV-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 06:00 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV-Dan View Post
My new 2022 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34PA has experienced hydraulic slide drift from day one. Usually 4-6 inches and so far only while in storage. It's a Lippert hydraulic system.
** There is a May 31 2022 recall for this exact issue and today my dealer ordered those new cylinders. In the meantime, I'm shopping for slide "locks" to manually stop this.

Incidentally, an entire Lippert hydraulic pump was also ordered under warranty due to leaks. I now keep a flat moving box with bricks beneath it to catch fluid.
Further; one slide extends while jacks are auto-leveling, retracts while jacks retract. The other slide extends while the first is being extended.

These hydraulic systems are messy, unreliable and often break down.
I have a 2022 34pa and am in Red Bay right now for warranty work and they changed my cylinders last week, have been fighting the creeping slides for a year. Do not put slide locks on as they will damage your slides if they creep.
The hydraulic pressure is too great and will bend a the locks and damage your slides.
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 05:01 PM   #10

I too have a 2022 34PA and googled the same issue, leading me here. If parked level, I have a slow creep of 2" max. If off level and stored, it creeps out pretty good on passenger side front.
Boujee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 06:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredtp View Post
I have a 2022 Allegro Open Road 34PA and my two front slides are creeping out and leveling jacks creep down. This is not an HWH system, Tiffin went with Lippert for 2022 Open Road.
Dealer has replaced hydraulic pump but still does it, they claim solenoids are good but I have my doughts!
Anybody else with a 2022 have any problems? And does anybody have any ideas?
Fredtp, just a question of clarification, when you say the jacks creep down, is that from their full up position, (retracted) position? Or is the coach setting on the jacks and they retract slightly from the leveled (extended) position?
Are your jacks two way hydraulic operation or are they one way hydraulic and spring return?

Tags
hydraulic, slide