Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2020, 07:18 AM   #169

Tiffin Owners Club
I will post when the cover door is on and the sanding / finishing are complete. As far as functionality goes it is working perfectly. I would not sit on it or even use it as a brace to push myself up and out of a chair but as far as a table for eating / playing cards / board games it is perfect.....so far!!
Putter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2020, 02:28 PM   #170

Tiffin Owners Club
installed a fireplace in a 34PA
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:04 PM   #171
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Oh yes, we want to see a photo of that. There are instructions on how to do that in post 8 in the Forums 101 thread:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

A fireplace (even the fake electric heater ones) are the 1 thing I'd have liked to have had in our Phaeton. If only for the ambiance. Right now, I've got a cute little 14" tabletop one I got off of HSN years ago. It sits on the dresser top in our bedroom.

Lori-

L-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fireplace.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	272578  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:12 AM   #172

Tiffin Owners Club
The system wont allow me to post a pic yet but its all possible with a model RFH-3001LC it is less than 4 inches deep. In the 34PA I only had 4 1/4 inches to work with and it fit perfectly.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:20 AM   #173

Tiffin Owners Club
34PA fireplace

Here is a pic of installed fireplace in 34PA
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F3C390DF-D572-4565-B83F-4188E47D009C.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	272660  
Old 01-19-2020, 06:36 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by george123 View Post
Hi guy's,
My wife said she was tired of runny around in the shower just get wet, and the shower is not that big. so I upgraded the show head to a ECOcamel shower head here is a you tube video about it or just google ecocamel. Really works well and just screws on to where the old head was. Happy showering,,,, George
Two questions, George, err Robert [not sure which name to use! - LOL]:

1. Difference in water-gallon usage between each when on full open valves?

When not on full [let's say 1/2 to 3/4 open valve]... if either does... which one still has discernible water spray/stream?

Thanks! - Art
Old 01-19-2020, 07:10 AM   #175

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wet lead acid batteries -> 600ah Lifeblue lithium batteries.

Name:	20191109_194753.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	272665Click image for larger version

Name:	20191109_194813.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	272666
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #176
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Nice job, siskom! Looks like it was there from the get-go.

With our floorplan, there just isn't a lick of empty wallspace. I had the cutest one that looked like a miniature ceramic/steel stove, but it had to go with our prior Bounder because we didn't have a place for it in the Phaeton.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #177

Tiffin Owners Club
I love it good job, i ordered a couple how did you trace and cut holes for installation?
Old 01-29-2020, 06:33 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Art View Post
Two questions, George, err Robert [not sure which name to use! - LOL]:

1. Difference in water-gallon usage between each when on full open valves?

When not on full [let's say 1/2 to 3/4 open valve]... if either does... which one still has discernible water spray/stream?

Thanks! - Art
Art
the eco camel gives a better spray on any setting and if you believe the package does not use any more water, we have not seen any change in water usage and love the spray head... George
george123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:44 PM   #179

Tiffin Owners Club
Who is the manufacturer of fieplace
rvharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:44 PM   #180

Hi Mark, I got my Alpine KTP 445U amp. I'm a bit confused on where the RCA plugs patch into. There are four Alpine RCAs labeled front and rear outputs. Jensen labels them Variable out and variable/fixed out. Not sure which goes where. Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out where to mount the unit doesn't seem to be enough room plus no place to attach both mounting brackets. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMaxPayne View Post
I updated the sound system in my 2018 Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW last weekend. First on my list was adding an Alpine Head Unit to the pitifully weak Jensen JWM90A RV house system. The speakers in the roof are decent 3-ways, but if the roof air conditioner or electric heater kicks in, good luck hearing the TV when piped through the digital audio optical connector between it and the Jensen. Similar for radio. The Alpine KTP-445U fits in the dead space behind where the Jensen mounts in the wall at the doorway. Speakers can now be cranked up to what sounds like 4x louder. The sound quality is much better even at softer volumes. I also separated the main speakers from the bedroom speakers and placed on separate zones. For some reason Tiffin had both wired to Zone A and then the outdoor speaker bar hooked up to Zone B. I now have Zone A for the main area, Zone B for the bedroom, and Zone C set up for the outdoor TV speaker bar. Zones A&B go through the Alpine head unit. Perfection inside the rig now!

Best,
-Mark
dennish2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:45 PM   #181

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennish2024 View Post
Hi Mark, I got my Alpine KTP 445U amp. I'm a bit confused on where the RCA plugs patch into. There are four Alpine RCAs labeled front and rear outputs. Jensen labels them Variable out and variable/fixed out. Not sure which goes where. Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out where to mount the unit doesn't seem to be enough room plus no place to attach both mounting brackets. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Please excuse me for doing this from memory today...

I thought the 4 Alpine RCAs were Alpine inputs vs. outputs? I'm looking at the User's "manual" (if you can call it that) and it seems to say that as well if I'm not mistaken. If memory serves me correctly, depending on your floorplan and how your Zones are setup on your Jensen, you are taking what were the Jensen output wires that originally went to their respective speakers, cutting them, and connecting those Jensen Zone X Left and Right outputs to the Left and Right channel inputs (i.e. pick front or back channel input for any zone pair of outputs) on the Alpine. You are then taking the Alpine outputs for a channel that matches up with the Zones you put as inputs then connecting them to the appropriate speakers you want to drive. For example, if Zone A drove your main house speakers and Zone B drove your bedroom, then you would 1) cut the Zone A outputs on the Jensen, tie them to let's say the Front channel inputs on the Alpine, connect the Alpine front outputs to the speakers; 2) cut the Zone B outputs on the Jensen, tie them to the Back channel inputs on the Alpine, connect the Alpine back outputs to the speakers.

As for the RCA connectors... This leaves you the choice of either cutting them off and wiring them directly OR buying a couple sets of L/R male RCA connectors and adding them. Either way you'll end up soldering lots of wires now matter which path you chose. Hardest part is keeping track of your Zones on the Jensen, the Channels on the Alpine, the matching speaker wires, and getting the + and - correct on each pair of wires for each Zone/Channel/Speaker. Easier to do one speaker connection at a time as to not lose track vs all at once.

Mounting? It was a tight fit but I was able to put mine in the cavity behind where the Jensen slides in, but where it wouldn't block the Jensen from sliding all the way in. Saved mounting as the last step... It wasn't pretty, but...

I'll see if I can get away from my 'Honey Do' list this weekend, pull the Jensen out, and take some photos.

Best,
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:41 PM   #182

Thanks so much for the reply. Pictures would be great whenever you have time. I've hooked up a lot of stereo equipment in my life but this baffles me.
dennish2024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin, upgrade, mods, upgrades