Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2023, 01:35 PM   #281

Tiffin Owners Club
Carpet removal

We have a 2009 Allegro Bus 43qrp. I want to remove the carpet from the bedroom. Has anyone diy'd this? We need to rebuild the engine access cover, so thought I'd kill two birds by replacing the carpet with vinyl planks flooring.
Annette Wink is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2023, 10:19 AM   #282

Tiffin Owners Club
Cover - Only one I've found that holds up is from CalMark Covers https://calmarkcovers.com/
I've pretty much ran through the rest of them since 2006; none can hold a candle to Calmark. If you talk to them, tell Natalie Miller (President/Owner) BW from Alabama said hello. A sweet, wonderful lady...
SAWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:19 PM   #283

Tiffin Owners Club
so posted this on the main site but it is a Tiffin Wayfarer upgrade.
I installed the 45 gallon fuel tank and the VS30 fuel filler (not restricted size so takes truck fuel nozzles too).

Here's the link there: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/mb-...ll-615268.html

Marc
EngMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:07 AM   #284

Dinette table replacement

Does anyone know the part number for the dinette table on an allegro open road
Intsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:02 PM   #285
l2r

Dear Tiffin, Love all the USB ports but the location could be better.

Recently bought a 2019 OR 36LA. And love it!

But I really didn't like the USB cables for phone, dash cam, and tire-minder left spaghetti wires cluttered and the excess settled in the cupholders

So, I added 4, USB ports and excess wires inside the dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-06-08_14-04-45.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	394827  
l2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 12:18 PM   #286

Tiffin Owners Club
New Rear Camera

I have spent a lot of time asking advice and reading so many posts with great information, I figured its time I should start to contribute. I have had my 2012 Open Road for a few years now done a good bit of upgrades and repairs. I will start with my most recent and work my way back.
My camera system was driving me insane, the rear camera did not adjust well to changes in light conditions making it difficult to see behind me much of the time. I also have the side cameras that come on with turn signal I absolutely hate them. My preference is to use my mirrors when merging and I want to use my camera for rear view only to see my toad especially when merging in traffic. After some reading a few threads here I reached out to RV cameras. Com Tim was great. He advised to just replace the rear cam & keep using existing monitor until it dies. The swap out was simple I was able to drill a couple holes in the old cam bracket & bolt the bracket for the new cam to it. Tim set me up with a pig tail to adapt the new cam plug over to my existing cable run in RV, he also told me what wires to cut so my rear cam stays on when I use turn signals I can still turn my side cams on manually if I want to use them. The only thing making my OCD twitch now is that the hole for the cam in the cover is off set not centered “why oh why would Tiffin do that to me?”
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7FC44751-33AF-4A67-B626-159545A8451B.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	361.9 KB
ID:	395700   Click image for larger version

Name:	1E8B06DC-2243-4980-B002-32AD16F18B7B.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	439.2 KB
ID:	395701  

Name:	FB6FCE27-C192-49B8-AC87-A219EFD2B493.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	437.9 KB
ID:	395702  
C. Waraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 09:37 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdoggiez View Post
In May of 2015, we replaced the OEM Carpeting of our 2003 Allegro Bus with Pergo style flooring. It took the better part of the Memorial Day weekend, but both of us were very happy with how it turned out! :-)
I know this is an ancient post, but we live in Elk Grove and who replaced your carpeting? We are looking at doing laminate throughout our 2004 Allegro Bus 40QDP.
Old 06-18-2023, 10:06 PM   #288

My list so far:

Installed BBQ connection on curb side.
Installed Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer.
Installed Max Air vent covers.
Installed new Dash Radio unit.
Replaced OTA antenna.
Installed Winegard Traveler Pro Satellite dish.
Replaced front and rear TV’s.
New cabinets for the TV’s fabricated.
Diamond plate installed on entry step.
Replaced toilet seat with soft close.
Replaced microwave.
Replaced all house batteries with AGM.
Replaced all overhead, coach and basement lights with LED’s.
Removed antiquated surround system.
Installed latch on shower door.
Installed TPMS.
Incandescent docking lights replaced with LED ones.
Garmin GPS relocated to Navigator seat wall.
Replaced back-up camera and B/W monitor with LCD color monitor and Color Camera with Night Vision.
Both headlights replaced.
Demco Air Force One installed.
New basement wall made to mount horizontal outdoor TV slide.

That's it for now. We are headed to MCD Innovations next month to get roller shades installed and powered windshield shade. Goodbye to the curtains.
Old 06-18-2023, 10:18 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH12 View Post
Did you do all at the same time or individually?
I'm seriously considering the Safe-T-Plus but don't know how much that alone will accomplish.
Also looking at the SuperSteer Motion Control units for the rear air bags to reduce some of the side to side rocking when on uneven roadways.
We've had the Safe-T-Plus installed on our Allegro Bus 40QDP for about a year and have put around 12K on it since installation. It definitely makes a difference when the big rigs create that dreaded draft and you pretty much just keep cruising straight and true. We love ours.
Old 06-19-2023, 12:10 PM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan View Post
We've had the Safe-T-Plus installed on our Allegro Bus 40QDP for about a year and have put around 12K on it since installation. It definitely makes a difference when the big rigs create that dreaded draft and you pretty much just keep cruising straight and true. We love ours.
We're having it installed on 11 Jul. Hope it works as good as some of you have said.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:35 PM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Waraks View Post
I have spent a lot of time asking advice and reading so many posts with great information, I figured its time I should start to contribute. I have had my 2012 Open Road for a few years now done a good bit of upgrades and repairs. I will start with my most recent and work my way back.

My camera system was driving me insane, the rear camera did not adjust well to changes in light conditions making it difficult to see behind me much of the time. I also have the side cameras that come on with turn signal I absolutely hate them. My preference is to use my mirrors when merging and I want to use my camera for rear view only to see my toad especially when merging in traffic. After some reading a few threads here I reached out to RV cameras. Com Tim was great. He advised to just replace the rear cam & keep using existing monitor until it dies. The swap out was simple I was able to drill a couple holes in the old cam bracket & bolt the bracket for the new cam to it. Tim set me up with a pig tail to adapt the new cam plug over to my existing cable run in RV, he also told me what wires to cut so my rear cam stays on when I use turn signals I can still turn my side cams on manually if I want to use them. The only thing making my OCD twitch now is that the hole for the cam in the cover is off set not centered “why oh why would Tiffin do that to me?”

Hello, I too hate the side cameras and don’t want them to come on. Like you, I know how to use the mirrors and prefer to see if I’m clear behind my toad when lane changing. How hard is it to cut the wires and how do you do it? Thanks. My rear camera and monitor still work great.

2008 Phaeton
John
John St Maur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:43 PM   #292

Quote:

Thanks for info. I have it in my garage and will be installing on my 2008 Phaeton 36. Even if it helps a little, it will feel like a lot! Question, how did the steering effort change after install? Thanks

John
Old 06-26-2023, 10:23 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St Maur View Post
Thanks for info. I have it in my garage and will be installing on my 2008 Phaeton 36. Even if it helps a little, it will feel like a lot! Question, how did the steering effort change after install? Thanks

John
Minimal effort keeping her straight and true. No white knuckles whatsoever.
Old 06-27-2023, 04:09 PM   #294

Quote:
Minimal effort keeping her straight and true. No white knuckles whatsoever.

Thanks. Sounds good!

Tags
tiffin, upgrade, mods, upgrades