Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #43

Passenger Seat Roaming Recliner

I have been kicking around this idea for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on it this past weekend.

The idea was simple, build a platform onto which the passenger seat can be attached when parked.

The seat is easily removable with four nuts holding it to the floor. Then, slide the platform under the seat and re-bolt. What I have pictured here is my beta version. I was hoping to avoid casters, but the seat is too heavy to not be on casters. I have some of those felt furniture sliding pads on the bottom of the base now, but it doesn't slide very well due to the weight.

V2 will probably get locking casters and be built completely from aluminum sheet metal so I can keep the weight down.

The battery used in this version is clearly overkill. I have a 3lb battery on the way (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HXNSNXC). I will build a bracket attached to the seat frame for the smaller battery. It will be connected inline to the existing circuit, charging the battery when the seat is connected to the factory seat base and power circuit.

Having this seat movable is great inside the coach. I'm definitely happy with the outcome.

View High Resolution Photo

bmzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 PM   #44

Also, over the weekend, I added a new and improved pull handle on our bedroom sliding door. It was tough to find just the right handle that would clear the small space between the wall and the door when the door is open, but this one worked out great. It makes sliding the door much easier from the bedroom.

Handle - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bmzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
OK, I'm in the middle of designing my new A/V system and having a hard time finding a decent A/V source switch box (controller). I have a quest 53E, but it is quite a piece of crap. Since most inputs will be RG6 coax, I need coax in. There seems to be no good way of converting coax to hdmi (analog to digital).
Any ideas where I can find a coax in (5 port) and coax out (2port) A/V controller?

Thanks

Bill
Old 03-31-2017, 01:55 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Got rid of the L-sofa bed that came in our 31SA and we are ordering a Loveseat Double Recliner. We should get it in 4-6 weeks. Until then I moved the Dinette seats to where the sofa was.
pic 1 is old sofa

2 dinette seats using until new Loveseat comes

3 What we are getting minus the center section

4 pic of the fabric to be on the new Loveseat.
MikeCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:06 AM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm hoping you can connect me with a supplier of aftermarket furniture for my Allegro Breeze 28. I want to replace the sofa bed with something long enough for an adult to sleep on.

Thanks for any help.
dmacalpine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #48

Backflow preventer valve

Our backflow preventer valve cracked and was spraying water under the bathroom sink on our Allegro RED 34 QFA. This Cash Acme 17383-0000 V-101 1/2-Inch Brass Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker (Amazon) is an awesome replacement for the cheap plastic back flow preventer valve used in our RV which cracked and would have cost more than twice what this cost! I added two pvc plastic 1/2" pipe nipples and this fit right back where the plastic valve had been. I expect this solid brass piece will be much more durable.
Retired Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Dave View Post
Our backflow preventer valve cracked and was spraying water under the bathroom sink on our Allegro RED 34 QFA. This Cash Acme 17383-0000 V-101 1/2-Inch Brass Anti-Siphon Vacuum Breaker (Amazon) is an awesome replacement for the cheap plastic back flow preventer valve used in our RV which cracked and would have cost more than twice what this cost! I added two pvc plastic 1/2" pipe nipples and this fit right back where the plastic valve had been. I expect this solid brass piece will be much more durable.
Thanks for the info I will get a spare on hand.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:17 PM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Dave View Post
Dave,
Have done some research on this plastic anti-siphon vacuum breaker. This OEM plastic fitting has a check valve incorporated in tank side nipple. The brass replacement does not. So a separate check valve would need to be fitted. It appears in posts/photos folks aren't aware of that. So when using the better brass fixture the system has no check valve installed.
If you look at the photos of the OEM clear plastic anti-siphon fixture you will see the check valve spring inside the nipple. Just thought I mention it...FWIW.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #51

Hey sky pilot, thanks for catching that, I missed it. But I found an easy fix; there is a brass 1/2" check valve, male threads on both ends, that will fit into the side opening and give the desired results. On Amazon again, Valterra (P23415LF) Check Valve, 1/2" MPT x 1/2" MPT for about $8.00 It's about 2" long but some of that length will be reduced as it threads into the fittings on either end. BTW, I fly the "light aluminum" vs. your "big iron". Had a 206, then 182, now we travel by land; my wife never enjoyed the turbulence. We live in CO, I made many trips around Pike's Peak and environs, beautiful!!
Retired Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #52

Cummings HP call out

Just a small tweak to display the 380hp on my Phaeton.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4548.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	165439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4551.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	165440  

jagbuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #53

Great forum! I'm new to this but is it ever useful! Just ordered our 2018 36LA about an hour ago. Our last RV (yes, for sure). Looking forward to lots of travel.....Marlin Ingram RV seems to really care about you! Cant wait.
berkshire17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkshire17 View Post
Great forum! I'm new to this but is it ever useful! Just ordered our 2018 36LA about an hour ago. Our last RV (yes, for sure). Looking forward to lots of travel.....Marlin Ingram RV seems to really care about you! Cant wait.
Welcome to the forum and Tiffin Ownership. Happy trails. Make sure you give your new 36LA a thorough inspection. You will find a few minor things but nothing major. Tiffin is the best constructed RV in the industry. We love our 2014 36LA.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterns View Post
Installed driver and passenger side cupholders.
I did this to my 2014 36LA. Very handy and thanks to you I knew which cup holders to purchase for the project. I have also added LED puck lights in cabinets and under counters just about everywhere. Have multi colored/multi function remote controlled led lighting under the coach chassis and the frame inside top of the basement doors. Added pickup truck load bars to the basement passthrough to hold chairs in place. Added carpet mats in driviner/passenger compartment and inside entry steps. Added carpet to dash.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:44 AM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Mothership
What a great idea and finished job! I have a few questions;
Did you have to modify the cup holders at all?
Did you remove the panels to install the cup holders?
How did you mark the panels?
What tool did you use to cut the panels? Did you secure the cup holders in?
Thanks! Really want to do this to our Allegro! Mike
Mothership is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin, upgrade, mods, upgrades