Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2018, 08:06 PM   #85

Last week I got all the pieces for a coach wifi system. Similar equipment to what David Bott recommends, but with a Ubiquiti Bullet and I will be using a roof mounted Omnidirectional antenna. I did the configuration in the living room to make sure it all worked as I hoped.

Today, I removed the TV and mounted the wifi gear, To the right of the TV, I found a 20amp leg of Romex and added a duplex outlet up behind the TV. I also added a normal lightswitch behind the cabinet door just to the right of the TV. Plugged in the wifi gear into the outlet and got it working. Now we can turn off the wifi for travel and easily turn it on when parked.

I also added a lot of insulation up in the front cap to moderate temperatures up there.

Not sure what is next................
heathtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #86

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
36LA L Couch Replacement

Over the weekend we removed our L couch and euro recliner and replaced them with a three recliner sofa with middle section pull down tray and matching swivel rocking recliner. The vinyl "leather like" upholstery is a shade lighter than the previous Flexsteel furniture but is very close nonetheless. We thought the L couch was not very comfortable and the sofa-bed when out blocked access to both sides of the coach and we didn't foresee any future use for the sofa-bed. We'll carry a full size air mattress if we had a need for an extra sleeping area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	replacement_furniture 1 sm.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	201043

Click image for larger version

Name:	replacement_furniture 2 sm.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	201044

Our new furniture came in pieces that were easy to get into the coach. The recliner back is separate and slides on and the three recliner couch is in six pieces accordingly. The three couch sections (two pieces each) attach to each other at the bottom of their bases to make one unit. A little clumsy to move as one piece but it works good. The base has places to attach the couch to the slide floor if desired.

Now to remove the L couch beast. It is initially two pieces consisting of the sofa bed section against the wall and the slider section. Both are very heavy and the sofa bed is a real challenge to get out the door but it can be done with two strong people. First detach the sofa bed section from the floor by removing four hex head self tapping screws, two on each end. They can be reached fairly easily reaching through the opening between the back cushion and the head of the sofa bed. Did you know that the head of the sofa bed can be lifted to support sitting up to watch the television? Once that's free you can move it out of the coach. Then you can get at the four similar screws holding the slider section down. After much grunting and swearing failing to get this section out we discovered that the back cushion of the slider section can be lifted off the base by removing four nuts holding it on the lower slider frame. Once those are separated removing them is a piece of cake. Be wary of the slider section though because the end section will now easily lift up out of the base but is still attached at the other ends channeled rollers. So that's how we did it, wish you well and hope this helps if you go this route. Travel safe.
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:00 AM   #87

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Where did you get the new furniture from
Old 04-30-2018, 11:19 AM   #88

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Where did you get the new furniture from
Amazon, search "RecPro furniture." There are several offerings including recliners, loveseats, and sofas of several colors, types, and sizes.

Kudos on the EFMB, Hooah!
Old 05-01-2018, 06:57 AM   #89

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Lubricating driver compartment side window

Just got a new Phaeton 40AH and the drivers side window is difficult to open and close. There is a sticker which recommends Plexus as a lubricant. Amazon has this stuff for $18 for a small can. What can I use as a substitute for this that is much less expensive?
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #90

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Old Sarge your New Sofa and chair look fantastic. Nice job. And thanks for the detailed L sofa removal instructions. I am saving to my Tiffin file for future use.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:35 PM   #91

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithcoop View Post
Old Sarge your New Sofa and chair look fantastic. Nice job. And thanks for the detailed L sofa removal instructions. I am saving to my Tiffin file for future use.
Thanks! I forgot to mention that for those having the free-standing chair dining set up the rear end of the credenza is unfinished. Your significant other will most likely consider putting a "finished" look on that a priority task.

Also, I haven't really weighed the items we removed but I'm pretty sure we've gained another 100 to 200 lbs. CCC.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:27 AM   #92

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
Just got a new Phaeton 40AH and the drivers side window is difficult to open and close. There is a sticker which recommends Plexus as a lubricant. Amazon has this stuff for $18 for a small can. What can I use as a substitute for this that is much less expensive?
I use silicone spray from wd40
alv3769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #93

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldSarge98 View Post
Amazon, search "RecPro furniture." There are several offerings including recliners, loveseats, and sofas of several colors, types, and sizes.

Kudos on the EFMB, Hooah!
Looking to do the same, but need a sofa bed. RecPro shows a sofa bed. I'm not sure if the back comes off so it can be put through the motor home door and not sure of the room considering I have a dinette. We are so disappointed with the fact that when the L shaped sofa bed is open, nobody can get around it. I won't even put the fireplace heater on when the bed is opened. If we opened the bed when we were purchasing, that would have definitely been a deal breaker. However you give me some hope.

Thanks
Bob
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #94

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
If the glass is sticking to the channel, an old remedy was glass wax. I don't know where you can get it, but if you do, it makes the glass very slippery and glides through those channels nicely.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #95

Forest River Owners Club
Do you have the width measurement of the L shaped sofa. I am ready to order the new sofa, but my motor home is 700 miles away in the mountains of Georgia. The new couch is 81" and I want to make sure it doesn't take up any more room than the L shaped.

Thanks
Bob
Old 05-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #96

Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhope View Post
We have moved up in the world. We have just purchased our first class A. We purchased a 2013 Tiffin 32' Allegro Breeze. We are so excited. I suggested to my husband that we should probably look into buying a cover to protect the RV from the elements. Any suggestions?
Happy in Idaho
A cloth cover is scary to put over the MH ,I nearly fell off twice putting it over my rig ,After a season I gave it to good will . My advice is a shed or rv storage or what I did is a Large carport (Tall) with screens on the sides of the carport
victordean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:20 AM   #97

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
I'm an A&P and use plexus pretty routinely as most aircraft maintenance shops do. I'd suggest going to a small airport and ask the mechanic there for some, he may give you some leftovers
Old 05-07-2018, 07:23 AM   #98

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Do you have the width measurement of the L shaped sofa . . .
Cannot be exact here as the old L couch is at home and I'm at work (waiting for a report to run). In our 36LA we had 127" from the end of the dining credenza to the rear wall of the slide occupied by the L couch and euro recliner. Our new couch is 78 1/2" and the room left over for the recliner is much more room than the L couch left for the euro recliner. So, I have to assume that your 81" couch should fit easily into the space left by the L couch removal.

I'll try to remember to measure the L couch we still have this evening when I get home.

Tags
tiffin, upgrade, mods, upgrades