Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2021, 09:41 AM   #225

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
I like that looks great and provides some good lighting without blinding you neighbor. I do have several questions. In my First Pics I have red and blue circles. In the Blue is that what you meant you used velcro so you can pull that off when closing up? and is the area circled in Red where you've attached the ground perhaps? and what else? Does that circled in Red stay attached I would assume? If so that doesn't get squashed?
In the second photo circled in Blue about that location I have a plug underneath the slide there. Do you have that plug, as well? If so why did you decided to bring the plug inside rather just over the top of the hydraulic slides and plug it there? Just wondering ? Thxs
OK... I'll try to explain... in the first pic, the included dimmer is what you circled with blue; and yes it is attached with velcro; it has a plug on each end, one to go to the power supply and one to go to the LED strip. The LED strip has a connector on it, and what you circled in red is where that is connected to the dimmer; the LED strip connector does stay attached and I cable tied it onto a convenient hole that was nearby and then caulked it in place with some white caulk (I would have preferred black, but I used what I had on hand); when the slide is closed, it goes in to a location that has plenty of clearance, so doesn't get squashed.
I wasn't aware of a plug where you show in the second pic on my 34PA; if there is a plug there I probably would have used it instead of the plug inside of the storage bin up by the entry door. I don't have my motorhome with me right now, so can't verify. Maybe you could send a pic of the plug you have.
Regards!
kandcbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2021, 10:52 AM   #226

Tiffin Owners Club
Air Vent deflector, 3D printed Open Road 34PA

When sitting in the passenger chair recliner of our 34PA, the air conditioner was blowing directly on my legs causing a chill. I wanted the AC on, but not blowing directly on me. So, I designed a deflector and 3D printed it. The vent can be rotated along with the deflector to send air in any desired direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210913_160941.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	343050   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210913_161000.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	343051  

Old 09-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #227

DW was complaining about the AC blowing on her while she's at the bath sink so I added one of these. Seems to work pretty good so far.

https://www.amazon.com/HG-POWER-Adju...s%2C163&sr=8-9
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:05 AM   #228

Tiffin Owners Club
Screen Door Access Panel Handles, 3D printed

Just needed easier grip on screen door access panel, so I designed and printed handles for both inside and outside. Also had difficulty reaching the screen door pull handle, so drilled a hole in it and attached a pull lanyard. Open Road 34PA.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210913_160819.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	635.1 KB
ID:	343052   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210913_160852.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	343053  

Name:	20210913_160906.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	343054  
Old 09-14-2021, 10:37 PM   #229

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
Had Bruce Deaton paint all four slide out end caps to match body on our Phaeton.
Installed an AFFF fire suppression system in engine bay and generator compartment.
Swing out/tilt TV mount for outside TV.
Changed out original single hung PS window for a one piece none opening window.
Changed the dash guage layout so the LBCU can be seen while driving.
Added steering stabilizer to help incase of blow out.
I tried to do a swing out/tilt for outside TV but could not find one thin enough. would you share the make and model of the arm you used.

thank you
JD22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:37 AM   #230

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD22 View Post
I tried to do a swing out/tilt for outside TV but could not find one thin enough. would you share the make and model of the arm you used.

thank you
check these out...
https://www.standsandmounts.com/Crim...ount-AU42.aspx
just find the right one for your tv.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:17 AM   #231

Quote:

thank you
I have a swing and tilt model on my outside TV. I'll see if I can find some information on it later.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:18 PM   #232

Quote:

thank you
Sorry, I can't find any marks on mine to figure out who made this one.

Here is a couple pics. Maybe it will help.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210915_165200.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	343190   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210915_165332.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	343191  

Old 09-25-2021, 05:42 PM   #233

Tiffin Owners Club
Shower glass upgrade

I need to replace the neo angle shower enclosure on my Tiffin MH. Our original unit is glass in a fill metal frame that the hinge system is non repairable. I have not had any luck finding a new enclosure that is the same for a exact replacement. I purchased a residential semi frameless enclosure that will fit but i have a few concerns. The glass is much heavier than what we have with the full frame unit. I’m less concerned about the weight than I am the heavy glass shattering. I have experienced how tempered glass can have weak points causing it to break easy. I am worried if we hit a bump or it gets a twist from RV movement that it will break easier than a full frame unit. Has anyone used a residential semi frameless glass shower door or know where I can find a new unit like what was originally installed.
C. Waraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:32 AM   #234

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree that you don't want a 'regular' shower enclosure made using GLASS. You MIGHT be able to use one like that and get a plastic wall for it. Or, you might try calling Tiffin/ Thor? is it? to maybe find out where the original was made.

It's a real shame that some of the stuff inside doesn't last as long as the outsides some times ...

Steve
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 35DH ~75k mi. Cat C7/350 on FL XC. Lots of FIXES - Worst thing is the FUEL mileage.. only ~7. My 1994 8.3 Cummins got almost 9 - NEW 'worst thing' - failed radiator overflow and radiator itself. WOW .. what a job!
SteveD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 04:33 PM   #235

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcbend View Post
When sitting in the passenger chair recliner of our 34PA, the air conditioner was blowing directly on my legs causing a chill. I wanted the AC on, but not blowing directly on me. So, I designed a deflector and 3D printed it. The vent can be rotated along with the deflector to send air in any desired direction.

What year is your 34PA
Mine is a 2021 and the air intakes look like yours but they are std white plastic not the solid surface like yours, the vent that blows has adjustable louvers and it rotates.

Great job on the 3D printing
TIFFIN34PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:20 PM   #236

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFFIN34PA View Post
What year is your 34PA
Mine is a 2021 and the air intakes look like yours but they are std white plastic not the solid surface like yours, the vent that blows has adjustable louvers and it rotates.

Great job on the 3D printing
Our 34PA is a 2021. Odd that they would be different. Ours don't have any adjustable louvers and are the solid surface as you observed and they do rotate without directing air except for straight down.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:53 AM   #237

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandcbend View Post
Our 34PA is a 2021. Odd that they would be different. Ours don't have any adjustable louvers and are the solid surface as you observed and they do rotate without directing air except for straight down.
Very Odd,
I have MSG quite a few owners of new 2021 34PA's and have found quite a few differences.
TIFFIN34PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:33 AM   #238

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
Sorry, I can't find any marks on mine to figure out who made this one.

Here is a couple pics. Maybe it will help.
mine is made by crimson, less than 1" deep, fits with no problem, it is an au42 i believe but check which fits your tv.

Tags
tiffin, upgrade, mods, upgrades