Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 04:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
The Tireminder system I installed was quite clear in the manual, you DO need the signal booster, regardless of length. They include the signal booster as part of the kit, so nothing extra to buy. The TST system I had before didn't require one, but the Tireminder does.
I found that the signal from the rears was not reliable without the booster.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2022, 06:30 PM   #16

I mounted my booster on the back wall of my rear compartment wired into the compartment light.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:31 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
I used the alligator clips to the house batteries on both of my last two coaches. They have never failed on me.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:38 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Upgraded to TireMinder i10

I just upgraded to the TireMinder i10 at a recent RV rally (I purchased their special upgrade unit that doesn't include any sensors). I simply replaced the main unit at the dash and quickly readded my sensors. It automagically reused the extension/repeater antennae that I had already wired into my lights wire at the rear of the motorhome behind the fiberglass rear cap.

What I like about this new unit:

- Displays the pressures or temps of all my tires at the same time by location (no more cycling manually through tire positions while trying to drive)
- Automatically cycles back and forth between tow vehicle and dinghy/trailer if you say you are towing something
- Easily allows for multiple vehicles and multiple dinghy/trailers and ability to switch between which ones are connected.

I have found with the new unit I like to start out with tire pressures, but I find myself switching over to displaying the temps for all the tires instead once I get going.

Best,
-Mark
MarkMaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:50 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
I put my booster in my water bay and hooked into the compartment light power circuit. Light has power 100% of the time so works well.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:30 PM   #20

I velcroed, the heavy duty type, the booster to the back of the bedroom slide nightstand. Wired it to the USB's in the nightstand.
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 03:23 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
I have and like the TireMinder i10. Although the display could be brighter. I had a different brand with identical looking sensors. TM said they would be a different frequency. Not so, they work fine and now I have spares. I did have a sensor fail when the battery clip broke.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:13 PM   #22

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
I tapped mine into the 12v charge wire on the trailer/toad connector in our last two coaches. That 12v wire is not hot unless the ignition key is on which is the only time it's needed.

That's what I did. Providing 12v to the booster is not rocket science. Find a ground. Find a 12v+ wire. Connect. You are done.

Same for boosters from TireTraker and TST
Old 07-05-2022, 05:29 PM   #23
Community Moderator

You should not need a booster unless your toad has TMPS sensors installed and in that case connect the booster to the toad's battery.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:28 PM   #24

I mounted the tire minder booster in the closet in the back and wired it to the power wire for the ceiling light.

Put a mini toggle switch on it with a small drilled hole in the side of the light. Turn it on when traveling.

Never an issue with any of the sensors reading.

Jack
Old 07-05-2022, 06:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp CA View Post
You should not need a booster unless your toad has TMPS sensors installed and in that case connect the booster to the toad's battery.
For their TPMS, TireMinder disagrees with you:

"Step 1: The first step in setting up your il0 is to connect the included signal booster to a 12V or 24V power source. When plugged in, you will see a green power indicator light. There is also a blue light which will blink every time a signal is repeated from the transmitter - which is generally once every 4 minutes, unless an issue is occurring. As this unit is designed for RVs ranging from Travel Trailers to Class A MotorHomes, please read the specific instructions that are included in the booster's packaging or see page 7. Please note, while the booster will increase the transmitting range, it is primarily designed to eliminate signal interference. Due to this crucial function, THE BOOSTER MUST BE INSTALLED."

And, as I posted above, the rear tires' transmitter signals are not reliable on our coach without the booster up and running.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:37 PM   #26

I installed the system on my 45 ft with 4 on my trailer as well.Did not use a booster and had no problem.Would not use it again.All my tire problems were blow outs with new or slightly used tires.I new I had low tire pressure before the tps told me.To ck before I hit the road took just a couple of minutes.$650 for the setup with 6 extra sensors wasn't worth the money
DWIGHTMOXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:57 PM   #27

Smile Tpms booster

We have a 2008 Tiffin PHAETON and there is a 12 volt (cigarette lighter style) receptacle in the wall under our table. Hubby cut the clamps off and wired it with the cigarette lighter male adaptor (don't know scientific names for them, lol)
We just plug it in when we are traveling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	370247  
dpsdebi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:54 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm using a Tireracker 600. I find the booster makes it more reliable, especially as the sensor batteries begin to weaken. On our 37BA, I place the booster in the second basement bay from the rear, passenger side. There are some 12V terminals there making for easy connection with the alligator clips.
JohnCZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, installation, tire