Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #1

Is Red Bay still fixing sagging water tank compartment floors?

Been reading on some older threads how rotting and sagging floors in the tank compartments of older Tiffin models is a common problem and that Tiffin was repairing this problem at their own expense. Are they still doing this? I'm not getting responses to my emails to Tiffin service and if I get through on a phone call they seem busy and put out.

I've also read several stories of people waiting for weeks, even up to a month to get in for service in Red Bay. Is this still the case? I'd like to have several items addressed, but don't want to put travels on hold for a month to do it.

And what are service fees like in Red Bay? Are they equivalent to most service shops? Or is it cheaper because they are loyal to their customers? Or are fees higher because this is the best service you can get?
Roamin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2017, 06:47 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
As I understand it the "wet bay" issue is still being repaired under warranty but has been farmed out to other area shops and not done onsite at the factory anymore. Concerning labor rates for other repairs everyone seems to feel that their rated are more than competitive and are satisfied with both the rates and results.
TnThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:50 AM   #3

I think the "big three" (sagging floors, wet bay and roof rails recall) are still being covered by Tiffin but farmed out to local shops as suggested above, but they can certainly confirm that with you.

If this isn't the number and extension you're calling to get answers try it: Service & Technical Assistance 256-356-0261 Press 6

As to wait times, it always depends on the time of year. There is usually some slow time right now between seasons, but every week can be different. In a month or two things will pick back up as snowbirds will be on their way back to northern climates and the wait times will be weeks or longer.

Tiffin does NOT do appointments, so you sign in, get an estimated time the next day or so to get you into a bay, and you hope they move faster than planned.
DWRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #4

It would help get more specific assistance if you would post the year, make, and model of your coach in your signature line.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #5

The big 3 Tiffin repairs are being fully covered on coaches 7 years old or less. If your coach is over 7 years old Tiffin will "SOMETIMES" provide partial repair assistance.

As to waiting times, NOW is the best time to have work done at the Tiffin Service Center. After March 1st it starts to get busy and stays fairly busy till the following January. Also Tiffin will institute a new service policy on April 1st that coaches over 4 years old will only be serviced in the "Express" bays. This limits it to 3 hours in the bay being worked on by two technicians.

As to repair cost, The Tiffin Service Center operates on a $95 customer labor rate. Their repair times are VERY reasonable so total cost is very reasonable. Parts are usually priced to the customer at dealer cost. Again a substantial cost savings, plus they have all the parts needed to complete nearly any repair.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #6

We got our 2010 38qba from the original owner in April of last year. I was crawling around underneath today doing a service and noticed the wet bay floor was really sagging. 😳 was there a recall for this? I have paperwork for the power stair and wiper arm recall but not this.
TRC5RWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
We were just in Red Bay and had our wet bay and cap rails warranty work completed. As stated above the wet bay portion is completed by another company (45mins away) but Tiffin shuttles the coach to and from.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC5RWE View Post
We got our 2010 38qba from the original owner in April of last year. I was crawling around underneath today doing a service and noticed the wet bay floor was really sagging. �� was there a recall for this? I have paperwork for the power stair and wiper arm recall but not this.

There is no official governmental recall for the wet bay repair. I would certainly be arranging a trip to Tiffin to have the coach inspected for the Big 3 repairs as detailed above and repaired as needed. As I stated earlier these need to be addressed before the coach is 7 years old. You can call Tiffin with the VIN and get the original delivery date.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:37 PM   #9

Sagging Wet Bay Floor

Hey Mike,

Not sure your make, model or year but as far as I know if the coach is within their 8 year warranty then the cost is on them. If it is older then you will share the cost. Mine is a 06 so it's past the warranty so I called to see how much it would be if they did it and they said around a grand. I know it would be more but around that. The cost of the floor they told me was 375.00 dollars and being mechanically inclined I opted to do it myself. Well the cost of the floor with the kit was around 500.00 dollars and it wasn't that hard to replace, actually. So I saved myself 500.00 or so dollars and got the experience. If you or anyone might want to give this a try, search on youtube for the company video.... Good Luck!
Silverfox062 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water